Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CO2 canister refills in Ottawa South?

Started by rmicroys, August 23, 2007, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmicroys

Anybody have experience getting their tanks filled in Ottawa South?  I've got a couple 20oz CO2 paintball type tanks that I need refilled now that I've used my first tank up.

babblefish1960

Any place that repairs and sells fire extinguishers can help you, this is probably also true of any of the paintball stores too.

charlie

Quote from: rmicroys on August 23, 2007, 10:52:01 AM
Anybody have experience getting their tanks filled in Ottawa South?  I've got a couple 20oz CO2 paintball type tanks that I need refilled now that I've used my first tank up.
There is a paintball store on St Laurent ( Belfast), but i don`t think those cylinders will go too far on a 125 gln tank, if that is the tank you plan on using it on.
Regards

rmicroys

It lasted a good couple months.  I do have a ph controller on it, so it's not like it just bubbles away madly.  I'm tempted to just rent a HUGE canister from Praxair or whomever, and buy myself my own co2 refilling station.  It doesn't look that expensive if it costs me 10-20$ a refill say...

ray

Hi I believe it's Davis Fire Extinguishers on Percy centre town.About $20 for 10lbs tank

Ray

rmicroys

No worries.  I'll probably just head out to the paintball place in the east end near Mtl road and the 417.

rmicroys

$5 for a 20oz bottle at PSI at Belfast and St. Laurent.  The refilling gear looked really simple.  May even look at getting my own one day. 

<edit>  Checked my notes, the system was installed at the very beginning of June, so one 20oz tank should last 3 months.  At 5$ a fill at the paint ball place, it's no biggie.  I have two bottles, so I have one to swap whenever it empties fully.  What a difference that makes for the plants.  It is quite astonishing.