Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

yaay! I got some CPDs

Started by plecoL83, August 25, 2007, 05:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Fishnut ~ Want some polysperma already rooted? Can float it...

How many are there that are trying to breed these cute little guys?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

plecoL83

I think mine  adjusted faster because I didn't bother to quarantine them (I know  :-[) and my 50g is heavily stocked with plants and hiding places.

dan2x38

FishNut - you have your wild caught mixed with your tank bred? If so can you still tell which are which?
Voltaire:

Fishnut

What do you mean by mixed?  They are all swimming together.  I only have 1 CPD tank.  I can tell the difference because the wild caught are the adults and the captive bred are the babies.  ;)  I'll be separating them as soon as they start to mature and colour up.

dan2x38

Quote from: Fishnut on August 29, 2007, 10:46:42 AM
What do you mean by mixed?  They are all swimming together.  I only have 1 CPD tank.  I can tell the difference because the wild caught are the adults and the captive bred are the babies.  ;)  I'll be separating them as soon as they start to mature and colour up.

That is what I meant your original fish (wild caught) with your newly hatched. My intent is to breed & sell for reasonable price so there is less aquarists locally buying wild caught. Of course making the fish as hardy as the original wild caught is very important! As I said before it is ashame what has happened to the staple hardy fish like playties & guppies with so much line & in breeding... :(
Voltaire: