New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers required 2nd annual OVAS membership drive

Started by babblefish1960, August 31, 2007, 02:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

No worries Cheebs, we should be setting up by noon.

Look forward to seeing you there gonzobluefuzz.

beowulf

Found my two chairs so I'll bring them with me to Kanata!!

normc

I can provide a good table about 3x6 and suitable chairs. I am also available all day for BA Innis

BigDaddy

We are happy to announce to all our members on the Quebec side that our site sponsor, La Niche, has now confirmed they would be more than happy to participate as a location for our membership drive.

dsylvak

Hi There,

I am available to help out from 2.00 pm onwards at BA Kanata location. I can bring along with me two chairs. Could you please let me know. And; I've already bought my membership. Am I still eligible for the draw?

thanks

keith

babblefish1960

The raffle for the membership drive on Saturday, will be only for those who have purchased memberships during the drive at the sites.  We do have door prizes, and some pretty good ones this year coming, at every OVAS meeting.

All the drive locations are fully complemented now, and I thank everyone who has shown their enthusiasm in volunteering.

fyrebull

Approx what time are you planning to be at the locations until? ei: Kanata?

BigDaddy

Most locations should be staffed from at least noon until four.  Some locations may open up early (between 11 and 11:30).

BigMomma

La Niche will be giving 5$ gift certificates to those who are buying their OVAS membership at their location on Saturday :)

babblefish1960

Now that is great news at LaNiche, don't forget to sign up for the raffle at the store you purchase your membership from, the draw will be at the end of the day at each store, and you do not need to be present to win!

And for further clarification, the tables will be setup and attended at 11:30 am at each location, the closing would likely be around 4:00 pm, dependent upon continuing traffic of course.

So everyone come out and join in the fun, meet some of the club members and Executive, and of course, check out the stores while you're there.

beowulf

I got to work at Pet Circus and La Niche and it was great fun at both locations!!!  Being on Bank street allowed me to see some of Ottawa's more interesting characters (I guess drugs dealers have a no return policy on bad stuff....... :o).

dan2x38

I went by BA East and they were doing a bang up job. No drug dealers though... but Charlie was wearing dark shades... LOL  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

KLkelly & myself  had a blast @ Big AL`s east, throughly enjoyed it .

It was nice to meet some of the on line folks who came out to sign up & chat, even the folks who did not sign up thought OVAS was a god send from their visits to the site.

The veteran members also came out to renew.

Regards

White Lightning

Yahooooooooo I am finally a member. I've only been using this site for a year and only now have become an official member. Thanx Charlie for making me see the light!

schauret

I'm finally a member too.  Got my membership at La Niche.  BigMomma and beowulf were some of the people I met there.

Even got a $5 gift certificate!!  :D

Thanks guys!

Stephane

KLKelly

I did have a blast!!!!  It was neat meeting everyone that I knew only as screen names and talking to people about this awesome organization : )  The East end was the place to be  ;D

kennyman

heh well I did drive up today to see the boys at BA kanta and do a little shopping. Actually the guys got me talked into a family membership this year and "she who is ruler of my world" made a little contribution, buying me an ovas T-shirt!

charlie

Quote from: kennyman on September 08, 2007, 07:15:32 PM
heh well I did drive up today to see the boys at BA kanta and do a little shopping. Actually the guys got me talked into a family membership this year and "she who is ruler of my world" made a little contribution, buying me an ovas T-shirt!
You went to the wrong BA, Innis was the place to be  ;D.

Kats

I am a member now too!!!  We went all out and got a family membership!!  It was nice to meet Charlie and KLKelly (Dan2x38 and his family too!!!)... you helped us make more decision on our new tank!  That was cool!

Thanks for all the advice!!

Hurray for the BA Innes volunteer team!!!!