Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Just set up my 10G

Started by xiaan, September 05, 2007, 12:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiaan

Hey all
I am new here and I have just set up a 10G tank (I know it is small tank and they are harder to keep). It is near the end of its cycle (Ammonia is 0ppm and Nitrite just spiked last night) and I am looking to add more fish to the tank.
Right now I have a planted tank with 4 White Clouds in it.

I am thinking about having a school of small fish, 1 or 2 larger fish and maybe some sort of bottom feeder. Any other good Ideas for my tank?

babblefish1960

Hello xiaan, welcome to the OVAS club website, that sounds great about your setups, good luck with those. As for getting good answers for your questions, you could try posting in the freshwater general discussions forum.  As for introductions, perhaps you would like to tell us a little bit about yourself and how you came to discover fish and how you ended up on the site. :)

Above all, have a look around, get involved in some of the discussions, and have fun.

xiaan

Well my name is Christiaan I am 31 years old and I am from Ottawa. I am a software developer and I enjoy allot of outdoor sports. I just got back into aquariums about 2 weeks ago (I had one when I was a kid) when I went to La Niche with my GF to get fish for her tank. I have just started setting up a 10G tank  (I know it is hard to maintain a small tank but it was free) It was my sisters old tank she had when she was in university. If I am successful with my 10G I will be looking to upgrade to a larger tank I am also very interested in salt water tanks. 

fischkopp

Quote from: xiaan on September 05, 2007, 08:01:23 AM
... I know it is hard to maintain a small tank ... 

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to OVAS!

There is nothing wrong with small tanks, and they are even easier to maintain than bigger tanks (less buckets to carry around ;)). Only thing is that they are less forgiving if you lack some regular maintenance. Have fun with your new tank! You very soon will have your larger one  ;D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

babblefish1960

Well very cool xiaan, I think I just sussed out your moniker here, very clever. software developer, that sounds intriguing, so you must be one of the people we can shake a finger in the air at when our software is discovered to have a twitchy bug in it. ;)

Have fun with your tank, and hang on to something, because it never seems to end there, and things multiply very quickly in the fish world. ;D

Kats

Hello Xiaan!!  Welcome!!  Just so you know, I'm new to OVAS too and it all started with a 10G and a few angels..... 8 months ago.....  we are upgrading to a 46G and are enjoying every moment of it!!

Enjoy your new tank!!!  And, as I have discovered myself, this group is wonderful to answer ANY questions you have so ask away!!!!

Ciao
Kats