Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank brand question

Started by garnpet, September 05, 2007, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

I am purchasing a 150 gallon tank from BA sometime this week.  My choices are Perfecto and All-Glass.  Any opinions on which is the better tank?
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

BigDaddy

All-Glass.  I have nothing to back it up with other than the fact that my All Glass tanks just "felt" like they were made better than the Perfectos

And didn't All-Glass buy out Oceanic?

charlie

RossW

When I recently purchased my 90 I looked at it a little differently... I had the choice of clear or black silicone.  I chose black silicone.

audioslave_36

I agree with BigDaddy, I chose All-Glass for my 220g and both my 120g tanks, because they feel better made, and 460 gallons of water on the same floor, they need to feel better made  ;D

garnpet

I bought the All-Glass tank this night.   :)  Now I just have to wait for it to get delivered to the store.   >:(

babblefish1960

Waiting is the killer, have fun with that, and don't forget to photograph the historical event for posterity. It sounds absolutely lovely.

RoxyDog

does that mean the "stand" is built?!  I see cichlids in your future....   8)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

babblefish1960

garnpet

babblefish1960

Oh my, well pooh!  Make certain you get nice ones that are well behaved! ;)

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 06, 2007, 11:19:19 AM
Oh my, well pooh!  Make certain you get nice ones that are well behaved! ;)

Do those exist?

darkdep

RoxyDog

Yep, I have a tank full of them.  And I get to help stock, right Garnpet?  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

busdriver

Quote from: garnpet on September 05, 2007, 04:49:55 PM
I am purchasing a 150 gallon tank from BA sometime this week.  My choices are Perfecto and All-Glass.  Any opinions on which is the better tank?

Please tell me the 150 you bought is a 150 long, I have a 150 tall and it's a pain to do anything with?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

garnpet

Quote from: busdriver on September 06, 2007, 02:17:29 PM
Please tell me the 150 you bought is a 150 long, I have a 150 tall and it's a pain to do anything with?

It's the 150 long - 72 x 18 x 30

Quote from: RoxyDog on September 06, 2007, 12:57:01 PM
Yep, I have a tank full of them.  And I get to help stock, right Garnpet?  :)

For sure!

babblefish1960

Almost perfect for discus, pity you'll waste it on sissipated fish. ;)

beowulf

If you don't mind me asking how much was it?

babblefish1960

If his wife asks, it was only $20! ;)

beowulf