Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fish you wish you had

Started by beowulf, September 14, 2007, 07:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

To add the the lovely succinctfish's thread about your favorite fish, what fish have you never owned but wish you could have and why?

I would love to have a monster tank with some cool "oddballs" including an arrowana.

sdivell

When I get a big tank I'd like to keep a pair of Oscars....

and unrealistically when I get the big tank i'd like to keep local species...like a rock bass or a sun fish... ahh to dream

renadia

A few years ago we had a 32 gal and my son caught a small catfish (grey) we call it a "barbus" in French. Well the thing grew to about 9 to 12 " and either the other fish jumped out from small openings at the back of the tank cover or he ate them! We had bought 12 goldfish to bring some color to the tank and in a few days most of them were gone.

BigMomma

I wish I had a dolphin!

When we get our salt tank up and running I would like to get a few peppermint shrimp, I think they're so cool looking!

KLKelly

I LOVE seahorses.  I also get a kick out of the salt water cardinals and the Moorish Idol.

OrchidNow

I want a Nemo. LOL...can't remember what it is called but so cool looking. In fact, my son and I were at the store the other day, we found Nemo and some of the other fish from the movie. :)

dan2x38

I love these guys wish I add one even though they are a common run of the mill character- Red-Tailed Black Shark. They would have to have rich colouring like in the photo. Also would like to keep- Tiger Barbs. Again very common species but would love a tank with these guys & the Red-Tails. Plus some nice bottom feeders, planted of course with tough plants.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

PaleoFishGirl

Arowana for sure.  Stingrays!  I'd also love a tank full of eels, especially after seeing one at the VP of the Saskatoon club's place a couple of weeks ago.

DavidJohnson

I want to get/build a large river tank (hopefully 10' long) for my clown loaches and then add a school of tinfoil barbs to it.  I love the look of a school of tinfoil barbs.

Zoe

Quote from: OrchidNow on September 14, 2007, 11:28:35 AM
I want a Nemo. LOL...can't remember what it is called but so cool looking. In fact, my son and I were at the store the other day, we found Nemo and some of the other fish from the movie. :)
Clown fish?  ;D Whatever you do, don't call them "nemos" to saltwater hobbiests... seems to tick some of them off for some reason

Aiglos

Quote from: Zoe on September 14, 2007, 12:16:17 PM
Clown fish?  ;D Whatever you do, don't call them "nemos" to saltwater hobbiests... seems to tick some of them off for some reason

I call them Nemo's for that Exact reason ( wink )

busdriver

If I ever do a saltwater setup I only want one fish, I think it's called a lion fish, (not really sure of the name) awesome looking fish, though.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Crumpet

Quote from: busdriver on September 14, 2007, 12:38:25 PM
If I ever do a saltwater setup I only want one fish, I think it's called a lion fish, (not really sure of the name) awesome looking fish, though.

Very pretty fish, to be sure!  I love their "mustaches" and flowing fins.

RedFish

The fish I want these days is Koi!   I want a pond!

RoxyDog

snowflake moray eel, or some kind of small shark.  which of course would require a tank upgrade!   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

yellowtang

If I had a very large tank ,I mean Large
Love to have small white tip reef sharks along with their respective
remora fish......and of course lepard sharks.......
guess I 'am a shark freak..
I just love the elegance and characteristics of sharks.
;) ;)
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

washefuzzy

I want, I want, where would I even start.
I would like a pond with slim goldfishes with flowing tails.
I think gourmas are very pretty. Maybe soon!
Koolie loaches.
Or a huge aquarium with Oscars, now that would be soooo... cool.
Or maybe killfish. :)

kennyman

Oh boy!

Bamboo shark or  cuttlefish. No wait an octopus! I don't know they are all so cool  :D

Fishnut

I want a red arowana!  They have got to be the coolest fish!  I've already had a silver arowana and I thought he was amazing.  This time I'de put him in a tank with some sevrums and maybe a tiger shovelnose catfish.  They're an absolute fortune though!

busdriver

Quote from: kennyman on September 14, 2007, 06:41:16 PM
Oh boy!

Bamboo shark or  cuttlefish. No wait an octopus! I don't know they are all so cool  :D
Octopus doesn't live very long in captivity, I think I heard somewhere, maybe a year.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."