Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

September meeting

Started by fishycanuck, September 14, 2007, 08:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishycanuck

When is the September meeting, and what is the topic?

normc

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

beowulf

BigDaddy

It will be the standard Septmeber meeting that we usually have.  Introducing the new executive, explaining to new members the programs and the resources, hopefully if all goes well we will be bringing in the plants for the plant contest, as well as our annual fishy quiz and door prizes.  We will wrap it all up with a mini auction.

dan2x38

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 14, 2007, 10:49:09 PM
It will be the standard Septmeber meeting that we usually have.  Introducing the new executive, explaining to new members the programs and the resources, hopefully if all goes well we will be bringing in the plants for the plant contest, as well as our annual fishy quiz and door prizes.  We will wrap it all up with a mini auction.

Oh I thought there was no plants for the contest hence no contest?

Able to release the plant name?  ???
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Fishnut

Plant contest?!  I had no idea there was a plant contest!

I suppose it's too late to enter, right?

BigDaddy

Everyone enters at the same time... at the September meeting (assuming the plant comes on time).

Release the plant name?  No way.  Can't let the cat out of the bag.  The plant will be announced during its unveiling  ;)

dan2x38

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 15, 2007, 01:47:55 PM
Release the plant name?  No way.  Can't let the cat out of the bag.  The plant will be announced during its unveiling  ;)

How about a bribe?  8) ???
Voltaire:

beowulf

Quote from: dan2x38 on September 15, 2007, 05:01:45 PM
How about a bribe?  8) ???

You could not afford to bribe me muhahahahaha  ;)

Brine

Quote from: beowulf on September 15, 2007, 05:07:49 PM

You could not afford to bribe me muhahahahaha  ;)

That's not what I heard.....I understand you can be bought for the price of a Zebra Pleco... :o

beowulf

I am done with the quiz for tonight and it should be fun and a bit challenging!!!  Good luck to all.

gonzobluefuzz

What time do you estimate the pre auction break will be tonight. Have a union vote I should attend @ 7pm..... hoping I could make the second half and maybe snag a few bits and bobs @ the auction

G

beowulf

Probably not before 8 I would think.

Chinaman

Any member whose office is in the proximity of Laurier Ave. and
Metcalfe and who plans to attend tonite's meeting?

I need a favor to get my membership renewed but I won't be able to
attend tonight's meeting. 

Thanks for helping,

Sam

Laura

I'm at Elgin and Laurier - do you want to pm me?
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

PineHill

Is it OK if I show up at 8:30pm, its the only time I can make it?

Thanks

succinctfish

Some photos of the meeting.  :)
http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;cat=33

It was great to see everybody :) :)
The auctioneers, BigDaddy and mseguin and their able runner Beowulf did an awesome job.  We were finished early, despite the fact that there were over 150 items to be auctioned.  :o  Good job guys!
Lots of plants were handed out for the plant contest, I can't wait to see how they all look in May.

dan2x38

Nice photos...  :) Babblefish you got a photo of Latios biding on a new plant in the one pic...  :) 8) he really enjoyed himself he'll like seeing himself in that picture!

My wife's 1st meeting she liked it but asked, "Is it always that crazy?" LOL  :D
Voltaire: