Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

what can i put in my 55 gal?????

Started by rechaud, September 16, 2007, 08:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rechaud

With my new acquisition i have to think what i can put in my 55 gal. I think about putting a small colony of tropheus, about 8 fish but those fish are expensive and hard to find and i have to buy them all together. Is anyone have something else to suggest me?? I want to stay in the african for sure and would like something realy different.

Waiting for your answers guys
Thanks
Réchaud..

sniggir

I would say that 55 is 2 small for even a small tropheus tank but that is just me, as for keeping it african ton's of fish you can put into a 55, I would suggest, go with a sandy bottom and get some xenotalapia, with some cypricromis and some shellies
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

rechaud

thanks a lot sniggir  ;)
i check the fish you suggest to me right now. Do you have any idea where i can find those kind of fish??
thanks
Réchaud..

rechaud

the xenotalipia does not look to nice for me but the cyprichromis look nice but there is a lot of different species. When you talk about shellies, whitch one specificaly are you talking about???

Thanks again
Réchaud...

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!