Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Python quick hook-up adaptors, with or without aerator

Started by Lucie, September 17, 2007, 09:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucie

As an amateur plumber, I thought I should post my Python quick hook-up attachment.

I was concerned about wearing out the nylon threads of my Python. Putting/on removing the brass attachment to my faucet each tme, tightly enough, was also a concern. I decided to use a more permanent approach, without sacrificing on the look.

Both parts were purchased at the Home Depot, the total was around $13.
Faucet adaptor: MasterPlumber part ULN 407 (C.P. brass snap adaptor fitting)
or
MasterPlumber part ULN 412 (C.P. brass snap fitting adaptor fitting WITH AERATOR)
with
Python adaptor: MasterPlumber ULN 406 (C.P. brass dishwasher snap adaptor for 15/16" male and 55/64" female threads)

They were connected using Teflon tape.
It took 5 minutes to install! Added bonus: NO LEAKS on that joint!
I hope some you guys and girls will find this helpful.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sdivell

awesome... are those parts readily available at Home depot or Rona?

Lucie

I would guess that they are available at Rona, I bought these at The Home Depot: they are replacement parts for the portable dishwasher hook-up. I think any big hardware store...
I really like how it makes it so much easier!

sdivell

I'm deffinetly going to try it since the plastic screw on adapter on mine is starting to get warn out from all the water changes.

Thanks for this!

Jeff1192

Anyone know where to find those parts? Home Depot no longer sells Master Plumber parts.

Thanks,

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

crazy 4 fish

Love it :) Goin' out to RONA before my next water change !!!!

PineHill

I got the equivalent parts at Home Depot, I will post the brand and part numbers when I get home from work. They look exactly the same as the master plumber ones and are cheap.

sdivell

Quote from: PineHill on August 14, 2008, 03:25:36 PM
I got the equivalent parts at Home Depot, I will post the brand and part numbers when I get home from work. They look exactly the same as the master plumber ones and are cheap.

I actually just came back on to post that home depot would have to be carrying similiar or equal parts by another manufacturer.

I'm sure if you went into a home depot with your phyton adapter and explained what you wanted to do to one of the plumbing employees they'd be able to find everything you need.

mdaigle

I currently use these adapters from Lee Valley:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=10370&cat=2,2280,33160

I have two laundry tubs that have garden hose thread on them, so I don't need any adapters.  Makes it very convenient to clean tanks on different floors of my house.  You can also buy the male and female parts seperately in case you have more accessories to attach.

Michel

55g FW Community - Neons, Cardinals, Rasboras, YoYo Loaches
30g - Lake Malawi Cichlids
20g - TBD
15g - Guppies
15g - Guppies
10g - Grow out
10g - QT/Hospital

dan2x38

Quote from: Jeff1192 on August 14, 2008, 01:30:27 PM
Anyone know where to find those parts? Home Depot no longer sells Master Plumber parts.

Thanks,

Jeff

Preston Hardware sells Master Plumber...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."