Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi there

Started by prenderg, September 18, 2007, 01:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prenderg

Hi All,

I've been in Ottawa for 2 years now, and am starting up my second year in OVAS, and am just getting around to my first post- sorry for the wait;)

I've got 2 tanks.

One is a 19 gallon upright with loaches, shrimp, a frog, and some tetras.

The other is a 5 gallon with an otto cat for now.

I haven't taken many pictures of the tanks, and the ones I have haven't turned out. When I figure that trick out, I'll get some photos on the site.

Until then, here's is a picture of me 'representin' at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago in my finest OVAS t-shirt

http://76.10.145.25/~tim/photos/chicago2007/photo0002.jpeg

and here is a photo of me wrestling myself from the deadly jaws of a giant komodo dragon whilst wearing the same OVAS t-shirt

http://76.10.145.25/~tim/photos/chicago2007/photo0122.jpeg

See you all soon,

Tim

babblefish1960

Well hello and welcome to the site, and the club, and of course to the nation's capital.  You look fearsome wrestling the kimodo, and of course the Shedd shot appears to have you on the wrong side of the glass. Good for you for wearing the OVAS shirt on your trip, look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon. :)

beowulf

Welcome!!  What kind of loaches to you have? 

PaleoFishGirl

Hi Tim! I recognize you from the meetings or maybe the Giant Auction (?).  Thanks for finally posting!  Awesome pics, too - everyone should post pics of where the OVAS t-shirt has been!

prenderg

Quote from: beowulf on September 21, 2007, 08:43:10 AM
Welcome!!  What kind of loaches to you have? 

I have got a black kuhli that has been with me for going on 6 years, through 2 moves (Ottawa->Guelph, and Guelph->Ottawa), a couple tank upgrades, and a couple minutes on the floor (his choice not mine).

I have a couple traditional banded kuhlis, and a couple eel loaches.

I have had sand loaches, but neither I nor any of the other fish in the tank much appreciated them. Googly-eyed nippy little buggers:(

I've got them in a vertical 19- so there isn't a lot of space. This is keeping me from getting loaches that will become too large.

They like snails much more than I do. But I like the outcome of their affection for snails quite a bit;)

They are very pretty fishes.

beowulf

Quote from: prenderg on September 25, 2007, 05:47:17 PM
I have got a black kuhli that has been with me for going on 6 years, through 2 moves (Ottawa->Guelph, and Guelph->Ottawa), a couple tank upgrades, and a couple minutes on the floor (his choice not mine).

I have a couple traditional banded kuhlis, and a couple eel loaches.

I have had sand loaches, but neither I nor any of the other fish in the tank much appreciated them. Googly-eyed nippy little buggers:(

I've got them in a vertical 19- so there isn't a lot of space. This is keeping me from getting loaches that will become too large.

They like snails much more than I do. But I like the outcome of their affection for snails quite a bit;)

They are very pretty fishes.

I agree huge loach fan here, I currently have clowns, zebra, yoyo, marble and khuli loaches.  In the not to distant future I will be getting two more species for a more aggressive loach tank.

prenderg

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on September 21, 2007, 09:29:47 AM
everyone should post pics of where the OVAS t-shirt has been!

I have seen some local bookstores and cinemas do this- the collages look really neat.