Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Plant Contest 07/08

Started by BigDaddy, September 20, 2007, 10:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

It is with great pleasure that I announce the plant contest is ready to go for the start of the season.  As was done in its inaugural year, a plant will be distributed to card-carrying OVAS members only at the September OVAS meeting on September 24.

Take your plant home, grow it as best you can, then bring it in at the end of the season to be judged on by your peers for the shot at a nice prize and bragging rights as this season's plant contest winner!

Aquaviewer

Do you have lots of plants or do you need to know numbers of interested participants?

I'm in.
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

BigDaddy

We should have enough for everyone who comes on Monday.

BigDaddy

The plant name is not released until meeting night so that everyone is on a level playing field.  Everyone has to research the plant at the same time, possibly make some changes to their aquascape at the same time, etc...

Don't you worry, you will all know soon enough  ;)

Fishnut

PaleoFishGirl

Me neither... you going to mail me one? :)

audioslave_36

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on September 21, 2007, 09:25:23 AM
Me neither... you going to mail me one? :)
Actually was going to get art to fly one out to you.

BigDaddy

Are you planning on coming back with it in the Spring?

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: beowulf on September 21, 2007, 03:15:05 PM
Actually was going to get art to fly one out to you.

That's a great idea ;D
Yup I can bring it back in the spring for sure, will give me an excuse to visit (as if I need one!).

garnpet

It's no big secret people - this year's plant is duckweed!
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

jetstream

Duckweed!  :o My favour plant! Will see who can grow the most Kg next year!  Who will be the book keeper? ;)

beowulf

Quote from: dan2x38 on September 21, 2007, 05:02:50 PM
Hey PFG ask BD what plant Art might bring to you? ;)

Cheaters will be disqualified!!!!  >:(

dan2x38

When & how does the contest judged?

Today I finally got a spot cleared and mine is planted. Now Latios wants his planted... told him I will help but he is going to plant it & care for it... guess I'll let him use some of my ferts... LOL  ;)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

babblefish1960

Quote from: dan2x38 on September 27, 2007, 01:58:33 PM
When & how does the contest judged?

Today I finally got a spot cleared and mine is planted. Now Latios wants his planted... told him I will help but he is going to plant it & care for it... guess I'll let him use some of my ferts... LOL  ;)
It is all here, and was also announced by BigDaddy at the meeting.

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 20, 2007, 10:43:40 AM
It is with great pleasure that I announce the plant contest is ready to go for the start of the season.  As was done in its inaugural year, a plant will be distributed to card-carrying OVAS members only at the September OVAS meeting on September 24.

Take your plant home, grow it as best you can, then bring it in at the end of the season to be judged on by your peers for the shot at a nice prize and bragging rights as this season's plant contest winner!

This plant will be brought back to the May meeting to be judged at the general meeting by a show of hands amongst the general membership. :)

beowulf

Funny thing with everything going on I never got a plant!!

BigMomma

I'm sure you'll see that plant come back at a future auction!  ;)

RoxyDog

um, mine's already too big for my 5gal.   ::)  but it's got a new leaf!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

babblefish1960

Quote from: RoxyDog on September 28, 2007, 03:04:55 PM
um, mine's already too big for my 5gal.   ::)  but it's got a new leaf!
Using the toilet tank is not exactly cricket roxy! ;D  And how did you get the light in there anyway?

mseguin

Mine went missing after the meeting somehow