Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking a place to fill CO2 Tank

Started by tandao78, September 25, 2007, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandao78

Does anyone know of a cheap place to get your CO2 tank?

Please state a price that you fill it for

Thanks

tandao78

Hi,

I am installing a calcium reactor and i am in need of a cheap place to fill the empty CO2 tank...

Please state the store and the price you pay for usually.

Thanks

charlie

Quote from: tandao78 on September 25, 2007, 07:32:23 PM
Does anyone know of a cheap place to get your CO2 tank?

Please state a price that you fill it for

Thanks
Davidson fire extinguishers ,around 20.00 for a 10lb tank.

ray

Hi

Davis fire extinguishers or something like that,I believe on Percy St approx $20.Best to check yellow pages.

Ray

Aquaviewer

I get mine from Davidson as well.  Tanks need to be inspected periodically and if your tank is past due you will need it tested or get a new tank.  Its about $90-$100 for a 10lb tank.
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

Alchemist

If you live in a university town or near a hospital you might want to call Praxair too.  They can deliver/exchange but I don't know about their prices.

tandao78

uhm 90-100 bucks to get tested?? wow.. do you have to get it tested before you fill it up.. i assum Davis fire extinguisher is the best place..

Thanks everyone for their comments

BigDaddy

no.. 100 bucks to replace.  I had mine tested last year and I think it was an additional 10 on top of the fill up.

Your bottle will have a date stamped into it.  That's the last date it was pressure tested.  They are good for 5 years before they need to be tested again.

Aquaviewer

Quote from: tandao78 on September 26, 2007, 02:22:41 PM
uhm 90-100 bucks to get tested?? wow.. do you have to get it tested before you fill it up.. i assum Davis fire extinguisher is the best place..

Thanks everyone for their comments

Thanks for clarifying, no the test is not that expensive. 
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

tandao78

My tank is a brand new tank... so i guess i needs to be tested first but 10 bucks is reasonable.. :D

Alchemist

If...you try Praxair the tank is just exchanged for a new one on delivery, not refilled on site and I think the tanks belong to them and you rent them.

tandao78

Got what i need and the co2 tank is up and running

Thanks

Everyone.. :D

speckledmind

Here is a Partial Lead.

There is a place in Gatineau / Gatineau that is less expensive for filling up CO2 tanks.

I don't recall who told me this or witch company he was referring to, but someone may want to follow up on this, as I do remember him saying " it was worth the drive from Ottawa ".

Sorry for being so vague I don't use CO2, but the partial lead maybe worth it for some of you.