Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eheim Canister 2026 Pro II Cleaning

Started by Chinaman, September 27, 2007, 01:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinaman

Where else have I not cleaned?  I have been trying to figure out where else
should I scrape the system so as I don't get that scum spitting out of
the spray bar after I thought was a thorough cleaning.

I clean ALL the tubing, inlet and outlet, and the spraybar.  I dis-semble the
"head cover" and clean the impeller case and whereever I think the water
touches.  I rinse the media thoroughly and rinse or replace the floss and
the filter, as required.

What have I missed?  Please enlighten.

Thanks,

Sam

BigDaddy

Define the "scum" spitting out of the spray bar.

Sometimes, new media is "dusty" and will cloud the tank a bit when you first start up the filter.

Chinaman

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 27, 2007, 03:48:24 PM
Define the "scum" spitting out of the spray bar.

I can describe it.......these are slimy pinkish/beige semi-solid flakes that I believe are from bacterial growth. If the stuff on the forgotten cottage cheese in the frige woould ring a bell.

As far as the "dusty" new media, I always make sure that the new media are rinsed until the rinseate is clear.

Cheers,

Sam

BigDaddy

Do you clean the insides of the ball valves and in the flow meter?  I can't see a ton of residue building up there... but most people overlook it.

(And yes, you can remove the red washer, take the ball out, clean that section of the head and replace the parts and everything will continue to work fine)

Chinaman

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 28, 2007, 10:45:42 AM
Do you clean the insides of the ball valves and in the flow meter?  I can't see a ton of residue building up there... but most people overlook it.

(And yes, you can remove the red washer, take the ball out, clean that section of the head and replace the parts and everything will continue to work fine)

Maybe that's what I overlooked.....thanks