Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

NOOOOO!!!!

Started by Pink Punisher, September 28, 2007, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Punisher

Im just testing the water to make sure all is clear, i figure if the danois make it for a couple days then i should be in the clear, ill keep up small changes weekly just to make sure and im thinking the soonest im gonna add a fish will be in 2 weeks and that would be most likely a Jack or something that i intend to place in there, reason why im choosing the Jack first is because i dont wanna risk the 70 dollar bichir again, this may seem mean to sum but id rather risk a cheaper fish then the most expensive one. For all my decorations im going to bake/boil them, the rocks will be boiled and the another piece of driftwood baked ( Not the same one that started this mess ) now i have one problem, my biggest rock is to big to boil i beleave i havent placed them in pots yet but im almost positive it is. How should i clean it? I dont wanna use anything that could kill my fish if not washed off good enough, is vinegar a good cleaner and if so could it possibly kill my fish if its not all washed off? Ill start a new post for the stocking, thanks for the tip.

Thanks,
Spencer

babblefish1960

Quote from: fishycanuck on September 29, 2007, 06:21:51 PM
Spencer - rinse your sand really really well, let it sit with some vinegar, than rinse some more and more and more.

Any decorations should be scrubbed with warm water and vinegar.

Your live fish will have to hang somewhere else for a while.

Many of us could spare you some old, bacteria-laden media which will help cycle your tank again. Are there any other members in Winchester or area that can help?
Here is some very sound advice from someone who knows when something is bacterially clean. ;)

Pink Punisher

Opps sorry forgot that was posted about decorations  ;D