Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

bitterman's 180 gallon tank

Started by bitterman, September 29, 2007, 06:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Well we did very well the tank is now up and running.

Without Nerine we could not have done it :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nerine

I'm glad I went!! :D it looks awesome!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

bitterman

I just checked and the temperature is upto 70 F now... So soon time to get it cycling after a big water change to remove any contaninants from the PVC return line glueing.

Bruce

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

beowulf

bitterman

We had lots of fun :D

The Temperature has now stabilized at 84F....... So when the new mag18 comed in, I will not have this issue.

Bruce

bitterman

I cut some glass tops today from glass from the broken flinton tanks.

I have a mag18 on the way form the JL order and once thats in, the tank will be running and fish will be added.

I also got black bristol board to use as a background for the tank.. A nice cheap 3$ background ;)

Bruce

bitterman

Here is the first pic of the Mpimbwe in the tank. They have settled in enough that I cna finally take pics.

Bruce

Mettle

Hmm... Something's telling me you like frontosa.  ;)

Lookin' good!

Now you'll have to set up another large tank as a grow out, heh.

jodes22

Nerine

I'm sure they are much happier there now :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

bitterman

Quote from: Mettle on October 13, 2007, 11:06:18 AM
Hmm... Something's telling me you like frontosa.  ;)

Lookin' good!

Now you'll have to set up another large tank as a grow out, heh.

I perfur Gibberosa to Frontosa, but my Burundi Frontosa group will always have a sweet place in my heart.

I don't really need grow outs for now. Any fry I get I will be selling at about 1.5". For this I can use my existing 1x5Gallon, 3x10gallons, 2x 20 gallons and the sump from the 180 for growout.

Bruce