Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New member suggestions for name tags at meetings

Started by renadia, September 30, 2007, 11:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renadia

As a new member can I suggest you guys (executives) add your on-line name on your name tag.   :) And maybe ask the general audience to write their on-line names and real names. Most of the members had only their real names on their tags  :D  :D  it's hard to know who is who. It would be a lot nicer and easier for new members who don't know the club members but have been getting suggestions/help from more experienced members. We could then introduce ourselves and thank them in person.

It is a big crowd  :D  :D and we could then identify the on-line names with the people.
The meeting was great and interesting. I enjoyed the auction!

Thanks
Diane

Jeff1192

I think that we be a really good idea. It would be cool to meet the people who give us all the great advice!

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

kennyman

Like this?   :D  :D

beowulf

Someone is going to get killed by a former vice president!!!

BigMomma

I believe last year tags were printed out for the members with their names and Forum names on them. However, its a bit of a waste if people end up throwing them out at the end of the meeting. I think it would be a good idea if people would hold on to their name tags  ;)

succinctfish

I believe only some of the exec had nametags with forum names which were done by an eager and clever OVAS member (take a bow normc  ;) :) ), all us peons have to make do with sticky nametags.  I guess we could all make our own if we are so moved, or try to fit both real name and forum name onto sticky tags provided.  I managed to fit both on mine at the last meeting, so it is possible.  :)
Perhaps a reminder from the high honcho at the front, his mighty largefatherness, might be good at the beginning of the meetings.  I agree that it is nice to put real faces to the people that you meet on the site.

PaleoFishGirl

Hmm, funny how that picture keeps popping up.  :p

artw and I made nice nametags for the exec last year and the materials are still available to make more (the template is probably on the club laptop as well).

BigMomma

Here's a crazy idea, why don't we make the membership cards into peoples name tags? We could insert the cards into a small plastic protector with a clip or a string, then it serves a dual purpose! It could easily fit into a wallet or purse. It's as easy as catching a ball in a cup (Family Guy)!  :)

... or we could just ask Big Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear at the front to kindly remind people of the sticky name tags.

renadia

Quote from: BigMomma on October 01, 2007, 09:36:17 PM
Here's a crazy idea, why don't we make the membership cards into peoples name tags? We could insert the cards into a small plastic protector with a clip or a string, then it serves a dual purpose! It could easily fit into a wallet or purse. It's as easy as catching a ball in a cup (Family Guy)!  :)

... or we could just ask Big Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear at the front to kindly remind people of the sticky name tags.

I vote for BigMomma's idea! One card to be used at every meeting with online ID and real name! Voila you save on those sticky nametags  ;D

Sue

We actually tried laminated tags with clips, many years back.
They were great the first meeting. Then people forgot to bring them back. The next year we made a file folder to try and keep the laminated name tags at the meeting so people wouldn't have to remember them. The problem then was people walked off with them on, and then forgot to hand them in and again forgot to wear them at the next meeting. Perhaps if they were laminated membership cards as Big momma suggests people would have motivation not to loose them.
The risk would be having to constantly make up new membership cards for those that 'forget they were last seen clipped to a shirt'.

PaleoFishGirl

I think it's a fantastic idea and I agree that maybe if they were actually membership cards, they'd be less likely to get lost!

bitterman

Quote from: kennyman on September 30, 2007, 07:20:28 PM
Like this?   :D  :D

And Pfg will have problems putting it on her bum so no more picture like this turn up and NOBODY grabbes her by the behind again ;) were the label is :)

kennyman

I think the stickies are just fine but it was getting them to the people that seems not to work well. and that got me to thinking about membership. When I started attending meetings it was asked that once you came to the first one or two meetings, if you were enjoying yourself and planed on attending a third meeting that you join the club. Is that still a request of the club? Would checking memberships and handing out sticky nametags at the door be something anyone would want to see happen?

Or maybe just the walmart greeter type thing with someone writing out names and sticking as people come in. Didnt Roxy have that job one meeting?

succinctfish

enough already with the picture of Chelsea.  ::)   ::)  I'm beginning to forget what her face looks like. ( and no, busdriver, don't change your avatar back.   :P I like the one you have now. )  No wonder the ratio of men to women on this site is so disproportionate.

The OVAS membership card as it stands doesn't allow much room for names, and it doesn't have the forum name on it for the member.  Only those with really good vision would be able to see who was who.   :D
Maybe something with a larger surface for names would be an idea, or you could hand out magnifying glasses.

BigMomma

Quote from: succinctfish on October 02, 2007, 06:25:57 PM
The OVAS membership card as it stands doesn't allow much room for names, and it doesn't have the forum name on it for the member.  Only those with really good vision would be able to see who was who.   :D
Maybe something with a larger surface for names would be an idea, or you could hand out magnifying glasses.
The font size can easily be changed, I'll even volunteer myself to do it since I have the vector graphic.

... and dear PFG there are some of us who miss you but not for your cheeky side!  :)

renadia

So this is going to go somewhere  :)

I liked BigMomma's other avatar better, you don't look like a mean boy the other suits you better  ;)

babblefish1960

This will surely go somewhere, but as for BM's avatar, stewie is perfect, he is after all bent on world domination and offing Lois in his spare time. ;)

busdriver

Quote from: kennyman on September 30, 2007, 07:20:28 PM
   :D  :D

You just had to put that one here, didn't you? ::) ::) :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

kennyman

" ::)" would you guys quite quoting that picture   ::)     ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

I guess having the memberships as a badge would deal with a few different things. Your all so far ahead of me. What a good idea  :P

Then I could even wear it when I go to BA's so that Andrew doesn't have to ring my stuff through twice. He is getting tired of that game  :D