Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Metal lid?

Started by washefuzzy, October 01, 2007, 05:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Where would I find a a metal wire lid for my 10 gal. Mesh is no good have to keep cats out! or could I make one?  ???

babblefish1960

Many stores carry reptile lids for aquariums, and I am certain you could find one of these to fit perfectly.

beowulf

A glass lid does not work?

sas

Feed stores carry different gage wire mesh in all sorts of sizes in rolls. People buy this to make their own cages, for all sorts of animals. Depending on the store you can go in and ask to have a piece cut off the roll, bend the corners downand you've got yourself a lid. :)

OrchidNow

If you can get someone to cut the glass for you, I still have the piece of glass that I found for your other tank. Oops...kinda late, I know.

washefuzzy

can't use glass the dwarf hamsters need a little air circulation! ;D

I'll try a hardware store or feed store. Just have to find a feed store I can get to by bus.

dan2x38

Quote from: washefuzzy on October 02, 2007, 11:05:36 AM
can't use glass the dwarf hamsters need a little air circulation! ;D

I'll try a hardware store or feed store. Just have to find a feed store I can get to by bus.

Take the bus to Canus Plastics on Copper & Bank... call them with dimensions get some holes drilled... they do cheap work & many aquarists go there... I have their great... if you go in might get a better deal picking out an old cracked or scrathed piece they can cut down...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

bitterman

Quote from: dan2x38 on October 02, 2007, 11:15:17 AM
Take the bus to Canus Plastics on Copper & Bank... call them with dimensions get some holes drilled... they do cheap work & many aquarists go there... I have their great... if you go in might get a better deal picking out an old cracked or scrathed piece they can cut down...

If there is higher humitity inside the tank then outside the acryillic with warp badly!!!!! Be for warned.

Bruce