Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Updated Pics of new tank

Started by Jeff1192, October 04, 2007, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

Well thanks to Charlie's trimmings that he generously have me today and some purchases at a couple of stores, I had lots of nice plants to put in my new tank.

It's a little cloudy, but not bad at all considering all the fluorite I put in there.

Here's a couple of pictures I took today. Sorry I haven't had the chance to figure out how to get some good pictures yet.

I've put a couple of other pictures in my gallery of my son "helping me out".

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

babblefish1960

Looks fine,in fact, it is a lot less cloudy than one would think considering all of the flourite you put in there. I guess the little tyke really knows how to rinse substrate! :)

I wouldn't wait too too long to get fish, it will help more completely with the cycling, and it makes it more fun for you know who rather than just watching water swirling around plants and rocks and wood. Can't wait to see what sort of fish you end up with, looks like a lot of good hiding spots for the more shy fish and interesting things for them to do during the day while they wait to be fed.  Good job!

charlie

Hi Jeff, pleasure meeting you & the little one today, tank`s looking , should be awesome when everthing grows & fill in , love the driftwood (if you  anchor some Java fern to that it would look real good).

I woud agree with Babble,  go ahead & add some hardy fish in there to feed the cycle & plants.
Regards

Jeff1192

Yeah I'm debating even going back to Big Als this evening to get the first fish (I was going to go tomorrow). There was a really neat type of tetra they had that my son really took a shining to. I'm not sure what they're called so I'll have to talk to the staff about whether they would be appropriate or not for first fish. They were small tetras with silver coloured body and black and white tipped fins. I wish I could remember the name because I've never seen them before and can't find them anywhere in my books or on the internet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Brine

Could it be the Scissortail Rasbora? These guys are great; the school together beautifully. I have a small school in my 90 and I really enjoy them.

Jeff1192

Actually Charlie figured it out....dawn tetras!

Jeff

- George Orwell

Jeff1192

Well of course my son decided that he was going to have a huge nap yesterday afternoon and didn't get up for over 3 hrs (he usually never naps more than an hour and a half). So I wasn't able to get out to Big Als last night. So I'll have to go later this afternoon so I can get some fish put in there. Can't wait!

Jeff

- George Orwell

bitterman

Best to get something cheap and harty to cycle the tank with like a liverbearer.

beowulf

Love the large driftwood.  I have a bunch of young kribs if you are interested in a few coem and get them, don't remember what yoru stocking plans are.

Jeff1192

Thanks for the fish offer but I was planning on a community tank with some guppies as well. Pretty sure they'd end up as krib food....haha.

Jeff

- George Orwell

beowulf

Adult no but the babies might but then again guppy babies that do not hide well will be food for prety much any other fish in the tank.

Jeff1192

So they'd leave the adults alone? That would be ok then. I don't mind if they eat the fry because otherwise you're totally overwhelmed with fry anyways! I used to always just let them breed in the tank and get a fry or 2 that survive to adulthood out of each batch. I would definitely be interested then. Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,

Jeff

- George Orwell

beowulf

I don't see what they would not especially in such a large tank.  I have mine with rummy noses which are about the same size and none of them have gone missing.  Up to you let me know if you want to stop by and take a few.

Jeff1192

Yeah that would be great. Let me know what works for you. I would probably be able to come out to your place tomorrow afternoon if that works for you.

Thanks

Jeff

- George Orwell

beowulf

Quote from: Jeff1192 on October 05, 2007, 10:11:06 AM
Yeah that would be great. Let me know what works for you. I would probably be able to come out to your place tomorrow afternoon if that works for you.

Thanks

Jeff

NOt good the family is coming over for thanksgiving...tonight, sunday are good though.  Monday evening also after the sens game since I am going to it!!!

Jeff1192

I could come by tonight. What time would be good for you? Best for me would be around 4:30 or 5pm. But I could come by later in the evening as well if that's better.

Jeff

- George Orwell

beowulf

Quote from: Jeff1192 on October 05, 2007, 10:58:34 AM
I could come by tonight. What time would be good for you? Best for me would be around 4:30 or 5pm. But I could come by later in the evening as well if that's better.

Jeff

I should be home for 4 so any time after that.

renadia

WOW realy nice looking tank  :) Can't wait to see it with fish!

Jeff1192

Ok great. Do you want to PM me your address?

Jeff

- George Orwell

Jeff1192

Thanks to Charlie I had even more trimmings to plant last night. I reworked a few plants and added the new ones. Here's how things look now.
All the inhabitants seem quite happy and are doing well.

Jeff

- George Orwell