Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Updated Pics of new tank

Started by Jeff1192, October 04, 2007, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

I really love that piece of driftwood!!!

sdivell

is that a black stand? or do you have like 10" of eco in there?

Jeff1192

Haha....black stand and about 4" of black flourite.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Jeff1192

Quote from: beowulf on October 10, 2007, 11:14:40 AM
I really love that piece of driftwood!!!

Your kribs seem to love it as well. In the middle of it there's an opening like a cave that runs down into the driftwood and comes out underneath. One of the kribs is constantly in there exploring.

The pictures aren't the best but you can get the idea.

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

PaleoFishGirl

Wow, looks fantastic! Just wait until everything starts to grow in - you'll enjoy looking back on these photos.

It's funny, the way you've done the shot makes your substrate look REALLY deep (but I can see from previous pictures that it's not ;)).

fischkopp

Quote from: Jeff1192 on October 10, 2007, 11:07:28 AM
Thanks to Charlie I had even more trimmings to plant last night. I reworked a few plants and added the new ones. Here's how things look now.
All the inhabitants seem quite happy and are doing well.

Jeff

Very nice arrangement! You are on the right way to sunken jungle! I alsoe like your wood piece and the rock arrangement. This will be an even more amazing tanks while it matures.

Great Job!  ;D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Jeff1192

I'm really looking forward to seeing the plants mature. I think it will look really good when the plants start to fill up the back of the tank.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Jeff

- George Orwell

sdivell

Jeff,

Your tank has inspired me!.. I'm planning on re-doing my 21g planted tank as i've got a BBA breakout that I cant seem to get rid of.

Can you list your equipment for this tank?
Lights? (and Wpg)
are u doing Co2?
fert dosing?

Thanks

Jeff1192

The lights are 48", 54watts, T5HO. I have 2  6700K bulbs, 1  10000K bulb, and 1 actinic bulb.  I'm at 1.8 watts per gallon. I left the actinic in there since it came with the fixture and I don't have CO2 (for now) and don't want to cross over the 2 watts per gallon without it. The tank has only been running for about a week now with fish in it. I dosing liquid ferts for now, Seachem Flourish, Potassium, Phosphorus, Nitrogen and Excel. However, the tank is so new I certainly can't talk responsibility for the quality of the plants (not yet at least). I'm considering CO2 for the tank, but not until at least the new year.

Jeff

- George Orwell

sdivell

Thanks Jeff.

It sure looks good right now! hopefully you can keep it that way! good luck with it.

dan2x38

Great looking tank Jeff! Like everyone already said love the driftwood... Charlie mentioned to tie on some java fern if you like I got lots of clippings you can have their ready for prunning... just use fishing line... or like BD says use a staple gun... I did that for some moss it was a breeze... :) got to love these guys experience & tips!!!  :o
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Jeff1192

Quote from: dan2x38 on October 10, 2007, 03:21:10 PM
Charlie mentioned to tie on some java fern if you like I got lots of clippings you can have their ready for prunning... just use fishing line... or like BD says use a staple gun... I did that for some moss it was a breeze... :) got to love these guys experience & tips!!!  :o

I've got some java fern tied on there now. I'd like to get some java moss to put on there as well but haven't found any yet. And like you said the advice available here is invaluable!

Jeff

- George Orwell

beowulf

What worked for me with the java moss is using one of the small media nets that come with the aquaclear filters.  I cut it open and used it to hold down the moss which was able to grow threw the holes.

Brine

I use Dental Floss to tie my java moss down.

Jeff1192

I finally got some time to play with the camera tonight and got some decent photos for once. I thought I'd share a few of them.

The breeding trap is for a few guppy fry that I fished out of the tank for my son to be able to watch.

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]

- George Orwell

charlie

fischkopp

Awesome! I just love the look of planted tanks!  :D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

succinctfish

Your tank looks beautiful.  :)  I noticed from your signature that you have wood shrimp and peacock gudgeons in there.  I am curious about how are they doing in such a diverse community tank, especially with the kribs? 

Jeff1192

The wood shrimp are fairly large and the kribs don't pay them the least bit of attention....which surprised me. As for the gudgeons, well they've learned what parts of the tank the Kribs have claimed as theirs. Every once in a while a krib will chase off one of the gudgeons but only for a second or two. So, so far, so good.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Jeff

- George Orwell

beowulf

Wow, very nice.  Are those the same kribs I gave you?  They have gown well!!!  So of the four, what is the male/female ratio?