Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Blood Parrot

Started by White Lightning, October 05, 2007, 01:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Lightning

I found a very nice orange one at Little Critters in the gloucester Centre. I paid $24.99 but he is very large. I have him in a twenty gallon with my pleco but I am not sure that that will work out. The pleco does not seem too thrilled with the new addition. Would he be better off with other cichlids?

renadia

Hi  Glad someone esle has a blood parrot  :)  I had 3 when I bought a used tank in early sept but with stress, water cycling and being sick I lost 2 of them. They were living with a huge tinfoil barb, 2 catfish ad a big pleco with no problems. The remaining blood parrot now lives in my 75 gal with the tinfoil, blackspot barb, gourami, silver dollar, clown loach, 2 big pleco's a cory and a catfish with no problems at all. Maybe your pleco is just wondering what is this big orange thing  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Toss

I used to have a pair. They spawn all the time but the male is infertile, cause this fish is not real. I mean they are genetically modified to look like that. I have seen a lot of this fish with different colour in TO. They are around $8 to $20 each. If I had know before, I would not buy this fish. Poor creature. I have seen the ones they sell without tail. they called it Heart Parrot. What a shame.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS