Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My East Coaster fish :)

Started by Houndog, October 05, 2007, 08:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndog

My main focus lately has been Tangs. I am keeping a breeding group (17) of Ikola Kaiser II's and too many fry/juvies :)

Also sharing that tank are a couple of Eretmodus cyanostictus, and six Synodontis multipunctatus.

Also keeping a breeding pair of Neolamprologus calliurus (bought as WC brevis, apparently the callirus are a harem breeder but seem to do well as a pair).
Juvies/Sub Adults

We did a local group order recently from Jeff Rapps, I thought I would try Laetacara dorsigerus. It looks like I have 1 dominant male, 1 dominant female and 2 'spare' females after a couple of unexplained losses (they do not seem very aggressive).

I have a 'borrowed' pair of Pelvicachromis subocellatus which have had and lost their first batch of fry, very similar to kribs the loss was not unexpected.

I also have a breeding pair of bristlenose plecos that spawn about 1/3 albino fry, they have been easy to find homes for :)

BigMomma

Nerine

great photos!!! thank you for sharing :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

fischkopp

Great pictures! Thanx for sharing them.

I guess you are using a SLR for these shoots? What other equipment / settings do you use?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Houndog

I use a Nikon D70s with a 105VR lens, tripod mounted if my subject is an easy target. Most of my pictures have been with an external flash (SB800) aimed from the top. I try to make sure I have enough light to help focus, that helps. I normally shoot in aperture mode, F8 to 16 or so (sometimes very wide) depending on the depth of field I want.

gmann

beowulf

Great fish and amazing pictures. :)

fischkopp

Quote from: Houndog on October 06, 2007, 10:56:45 AM
I use a Nikon D70s with a 105VR lens, tripod mounted if my subject is an easy target. Most of my pictures have been with an external flash (SB800) aimed from the top. I try to make sure I have enough light to help focus, that helps. I normally shoot in aperture mode, F8 to 16 or so (sometimes very wide) depending on the depth of field I want.

Thanx again for sharing. Looks like I have to add the SB800 to my wishlist  ::)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

markw

Great pics! Good looking variety of Tangs. I have been keeping Tangs for almost 30years now, and I spent 8 of those years in N.B. I found the water there very difficult to maintain consistently suitable for Tangs, but it looks like you're doing a great job. It was never easy to find good quality Tangs either, and like you it was necessary to import everything. Maybe the locals will catch on and start to raise these great Cichlids also!
markw

groan

Finally somneone who will give Dave88 a run for the money!