Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ramshorn snail and what?

Started by washefuzzy, October 07, 2007, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

I have a 10 gal with 2 3/4 in Ramshorn snails. What could I add the aquarium. I was thinking of shrimp but don't know much about them. Any ideas would be helpfull. :)
Thank you! ;)

BigDaddy

There are lots of smaller fish you could house quite nicely in a 10 gallon.

A betta, a small school of the smaller tetras, celestial pearl danios, badis badis, a pair of rams, some Tanganyikan shell dwellers...

As far as shrimp go, a lot of people like starting with cherry shrimp.  They are hardy and reproduce easily enough on their own.

washefuzzy

BD i've had trouble with bettas and zebra danios in the past attacking my snails! :(
But maybe tetras would work. Cherry shrimps would proable be the safest. I got some white endlers but they ended up attacking my snails to. sigh!
So Now I look into either/and tertras and shrimps.

Laura

It's best to go with dwarf shrimp or fish.  Given that shrimp are pretty low on the food chain, most fish see them or the babies as dinner.
I keep cherries with my brig snail.  My shrimp/snail tank at work is invert only.
petshrimp.net is a great resource.  Lots of info, factsheets and articles.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

kennyman

Bumblebee gobies and fantail guppies? I just love the little gobies and you never need to worry about what to do with guppy fry having gobies in there.  8)