Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Kribensis

Started by neon, October 11, 2007, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon

I have 1 Kribensis and I can't tell if its a male or a female.  It is about 3 inches long, with a long pointed dorsal fin.  There is no discernible red on its belly, and its other fins are a pale violet colour. There are no dots on any of the fins, just a bit of red on the tail.

beowulf

Hard to say without a picture....i'll try and post some of my males and females when I get home from work maybe you can decide from that.

neon

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.  From google images I think I have a male, due to the pointed dorsal fin, but pictures of yours would be great.  I want to get another one to have a pair.

beowulf

I could not find the pictures last night I think they are on my memory stick I left here at work so I'll bring it home tonight.

neon

Thanks, I'll check tonight.

Houndog

This was a pair I had a few years ago, male on the left. There will be much better color with a mate.

mila

This is pair in full colour guarding fry

[attachment deleted by admin]

beowulf

Guess I don't have to post my pics anymore lol.  As you can see in Mila's picture, the male is large and has a pointy tail while the female has a more rounded one.

neon

Well, I think I definately have a male.  I'm going to look around for a female.  Thanks.

BigDaddy

Quote from: beowulf on October 12, 2007, 08:21:50 PM
Guess I don't have to post my pics anymore lol.  As you can see in Mila's picture, the male is large and has a pointy tail while the female has a more rounded one.

In technical terms, the male has a tail that is somewhat lanceolate, while females are usually round to truncate.  ;)

beowulf

Quote from: BigDaddy on October 13, 2007, 09:09:50 AM
In technical terms, the male has a tail that is somewhat lanceolate, while females are usually round to truncate.  ;)

Whatever.

freshwater