Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The habitants of my 75 gal aquarium

Started by renadia, October 13, 2007, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renadia

I have been busy  :D  First I brought the big Tinfoil, the black spot barb and the silver dollar at BA in Kanata.

Now my 75 gal has:

4 Longfin Serpae Tetra      6 Cardinal Tetra      7 Rasbora espei      2 pleco   
3 Clown loach                  1 Blood parrot         1 Koi angel            3 cories
2 Opaline Gourami             1 catfish

But it still still looks a bit empty, the 2 plecos we hardly see becaues they are always on the diftwood on the bottom part, the biggest cory is most of the time hiding but the 2 new small ones are very active. The clown loaches also like to hide they are cute but we don't see them to much. So I was thinking of maybe getting some dwarf gouramis and more longfin serpae and cardinal tetras would that be to many fish?

Nerine

the loaches will come out when they are more comfortable :) give them some time!!!

any pictures of your tank??
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

BigMomma

You've really caught the fish fever!  ;)
You should give them some time to get used to their surroundings. You could eventually add more tetras.

renadia

I will take pictures today. I guess I'm not a good BP keeper, the third died.
It was Ok last night and ate  but I found it dead at the bottom this morning.  :( It was nice to see a few bigger fish with the schools of the smaller guys.

Lucie

If you're looking to add a couple of more fish in your tank, may I suggest pearl gouramis. They are my absolute favourite fish, are shy and gentle. I have a male and a female, and they are not hiding, and are so TENDER and gentle with each other, feeling each other with their long "arms" when they pass by. Their colour is beautiful. They are a gorgeous matched pair, 4" long. A joy to see.