Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

REad this!

Started by NjOyRiD, January 30, 2005, 04:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

Today I was working and my job is soo boring..so I thought of OVAS :D REmember when we had a disacussion about more poeple coming on OVAS..?! well heres my idea!

An Non-profit Ovas technical support on the road!

by a group of 3 ovas member volonteers (per clients) , we will go to the client's place and See what that person's needs also depending on his budget, we will set up, prepare/decorate or fix the aquarium...Or maybe that person deosnt have an aquarium and would like to buy one! So we will help him out, also we could show him how to maintain an aquarium, show them the possible tests, also safety would be important, etc etc also, at the same time..we will show him how to register to ovas and how to use it!

we could have sponsors like any lfs..because we sent the clients to their store, they could get 10% off on their fisrt purchase, something liek that!

so yeah, that was my rough Idea...so yeah, i need feedback on that, thanx!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

slickshooter

I like the idea BUT personally and no offence to anyone,I don't  trust anyone to mess with my aquarium.I'll  ask questions on here but usually I know the answer I just want to see that there isn't something I overlooked. Asking on here gets others involved too which is great. That sounded cocky but I think ya'll know what I mean.
Not sure how much money in fish I have but i'm not willing to throw it away to some "expert volunteer". The idea you gave seemed geared toward someone starting and that is a great idea. Thing is not that many new people sign up here (I don't think) where would you find them?
I do think this board could use a boost.I see some topics that I think are interesting and nobody replies .Can't figure it out.
That being said if anyone wanted to come by and check out my tanks feel free to book an appointment.....$5 cover   :wink:
Available almost anytime

NjOyRiD

with publicity, we could find some people!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

artw

3 volunteers... let me know how you make out with that :D

NjOyRiD

more then 3..just 3 per house...team work is better and safer also
370g System

NjOyRiD

everybody who will be interested...we will ask them their availabilty and specialities! After that..we will do some meetings with the clients
370g System

artw

as far as I know there is already a tank-maintenance service in Ottawa...
or there was 2 years ago..
Getting volunteers is harder than you think.

BigDaddy

njoyrid, there's an English expression

The spirit is willing but the body is not able.

It's a good idea in principle, but to get people to volunteer is another thing.

Sue

speaking of volenteers... OVAS needs them for the giant auction. I think only 2 people signed up at the last meeting.

NjOyRiD

yeah you guys are right, but the demand is there cuz I ask a few people and they were interested! But no volonteers :s i see hehe
370g System

aidensmomma2000

Quote from: "Sue"speaking of volenteers... OVAS needs them for the giant auction. I think only 2 people signed up at the last meeting.

Well, what do you need done? I never go to the meetings but do plan on attending the auction.

mseguin

I might be available to volunteer, can't make a promise yet.