Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fungus free Cory!

Started by washefuzzy, October 19, 2007, 11:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

I so happy. My Bronze cory is all better! The fungus is all gone. Another couple of days and he will be able to join his mate again. They"ll be happy to be back together. :)
Primafix is very good stuff!! ;)

kennyman

Is it a fungicide and anti-bacterial agent combined? Can you see what the AI (active ingredient) is on the bottle?

fischkopp

Quote from: kennyman on October 20, 2007, 07:23:20 AM
Is it a fungicide and anti-bacterial agent combined? Can you see what the AI (active ingredient) is on the bottle?

Pimafix is primarily anti-fungal, but it claims to treat bacterial infections as well (also API has another product for this called Melafix). The active ingredient is Pimenta Racemosa. Its natural stuff if I remember correctly. I also had quite good experiences using Primafix for fungal infections.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

washefuzzy

It's actually called Pimafix not primafix. Sorry!

Active ingredient is pimenta racemosa extract from West Indian bay trees. It calls itself an antifungal treatment.

I also added a little salt to the water but at a lower does than i would add with normal fish.

kennyman