Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking For Crayfish...

Started by easterbunny67, October 20, 2007, 11:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easterbunny67

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any place in Ottawa that sells freshwater crayfish? I've tried lots of the petstores and none of them carry crayfish or if they do they only get shipments in like twice a year. I'm not really picky on what variety it is. So if anyone can help me on on crayfish search thats be swell  ::)

Thanks

babblefish1960

Zapisto and his crew at Aquanourriplus has some very nice crayfish, they are in Montreal, and ship reasonably, as well as being a sponsor on this site.  Check out his website or send him a message.

babblefish1960

I just remembered that zapisto will be coming to the club for the November meeting and has already mentioned that he will be bringing cool invertebrates as well.

woodendude

I picked one up at Petsmart (Huntclub) a few weeks back. If I hadn't asked the staff I wouldn't have seen it, it was in one of the tanks away from all the others.

dan2x38

What species were they at Petsmart?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

MannyM

saw some at petsmart on innes.. it said they blue lobster's but I think they are crayfish $10

woodendude

The one I purchased at Petsmart was listed as a Blue Australian lobster, crayfish as far as I'm concerned.

PoisonJello

theres lots of them in some of the local rivers, I used to catch them all the time when i was younger  ;)