Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Nerites and veggies

Started by succinctfish, October 24, 2007, 12:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

succinctfish

My nerites spend all their time now stuck onto a chunk of raw sweet potato that I put in my tank, gnawing away happily.  Previously they have snubbed the blanched zucchini slices, and have only been interested in algae, they even stuck up their snaily noses at algae wafers.  I worry about what happens if I don't have algae, as if that's going to happen any time soon ::) If only I could interest them in filamentous algae.  They are connoisseurs I suppose.  Any one else with nerites tried veggies on them?  Any success with different veggie offerings?

kennyman

The ones I had (purple checked) preferred diatoms and cyanobacteria   ;D

zapisto

my zebra eat veggie pellet , artemia pellet, spiruline pellet in all my shrimp tank
they particulary run (yes yes run ) after the mosura food when i give to my shrimp.
i dont like that too much when you know the price of that things :)

and yes they do love the diatom algeae

washefuzzy

I have ramshorn snails. They don't like the new brand of algae wafers i bought them. So I'll have to go back to the old brand. They like kale, broccoli, after it has sat for about a day and started to go a little. I guess the like it better when it starts to decay a bit even thought I steam them a bit in the microwave first.