Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to get shrimp

Started by Fishnut, October 29, 2007, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

Has anyone seen any dwarf shrimp in the pet shops lately?  BA Innis only has ghost shrimp.

I've also visited a few websites that have a lot to do with shrimp, but none ship to Canada.

Any suggestions?

babblefish1960

One of our sponsors here, zapisto of aquanourriplus, carries all manner of invertebrates, and to make it even more interesting, he is coming to speak at the next OVAS general meeting, and will be bringing some of his lovelies with him for the presentation.   His shipping is also very reasonable.  Check out his website.  http://www.aquanourriplus.com/

Fishnut

I check there on a regular basis.  He's always out of stock on all of the shrimp except for cherry shrimp and amano shrimp.  I would definately LOVE to order from him if the stock was available.

irene

This site say's they ship worldwide:

http://www.planetinverts.com/store/

Looks very expensive though.

Irene

Jeff1192

What shrimp are you looking for? The Big Als on Innes is supposed to be getting rock shrimp and japonica shrimp tonight. I got some of their last shipment of rock shrimp (actually singapore wood shrimp). They're quite big (about an inch and a half right now) and really neat.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Jeff1192

Thought this might interest you. I contacted planetinverst.com by email and asked about shipping to Ottawa. He advised that shipping would be $20 but that if I ordered 10 or more shrimp he'd probably be able to give a discount.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Fishnut

Thanks!  I'll check out the website for sure!  $20 seems fair for shipping.  The Rock shrimp are really cool, but I'm looking for Tiger Shrimp, Crystal reds, and some other interesting dwarf shrimp.  I'll try to breed, so I don't want any shrimp that go through a planktonic stage. 

beowulf

Quote from: Fishnut on October 30, 2007, 12:36:01 PM
Thanks!  I'll check out the website for sure!  $20 seems fair for shipping.  The Rock shrimp are really cool, but I'm looking for Tiger Shrimp, Crystal reds, and some other interesting dwarf shrimp.  I'll try to breed, so I don't want any shrimp that go through a planktonic stage. 

If you want to save shipping, you could wait for the next meeting as he is going to be our speaker and he has already told me he will be bringing some stuff with him.  Also I might and I repeat might be going to Montreal this weekend so might be able to bring some things back.

Fishnut

If you're going to Montreal, I'll take you up on that offer.  I'm in no rush to get any shrimp, but I'm doing the preliminary research about where to get them.

Thanks Kevin!

zapisto

Quote from: Fishnut on October 30, 2007, 01:14:13 PM
If you're going to Montreal, I'll take you up on that offer.  I'm in no rush to get any shrimp, but I'm doing the preliminary research about where to get them.

Thanks Kevin!

contact me personnally.
the site is not always up to date. sorry about that.
thanks

renadia

Is he going to bring many shrimps? I would like to buy a few to put in my community tank. Is it possible to know what he will have and how much they will be?

Thanks

Diane

beowulf

Quote from: renadia on October 30, 2007, 07:40:13 PM
Is he going to bring many shrimps? I would like to buy a few to put in my community tank. Is it possible to know what he will have and how much they will be?

Thanks

Diane

You will have to ask him, send him a PM.