Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Breakfast anyone ?

Started by charlie, November 07, 2007, 06:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

I said NO MAGIC CARDS!!!!!!

dan2x38

Damn I might miss it our mechanic is getting our car in between 9-10... well that tells the story...   
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

Looks like I will make it, and with my two girls. :)

cora

I'll be there! mmm french toast! LOL

Nerine

I think we overrule you matt :D MAGIC CARDS!!!! ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Fishnut

Magic cards...at breakfast...ummm, I would vote no on that one :)

cora

I am surprised they would be willing to risk their precious precious cards getting breakfast gunk on them!  ::)

I like magic.. just not for breakfast :P

dsylvak

Yep

Sounds like a plan; my daughter likes french toast.

keith

Nerine

I really enjoyed the company this past breakfast and will upload the photos as soon as I can!!!

BUT the thing I did not like...my meal was only 3 dollars...I gave the waitress a 10$ bill...asked her for my change and she gave me only ONE dollar back!!! and she was REALLY rude and said "well where is my tip?" I ended up giving her $2 to stop her complaining which is one heck of a tip for a 3$ plate lol
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Fishnut

OMG!!  Since when did waitresses get so cocky that they don't give change and demand tips?!  Too bad we can't request the ones we like :)

artw

I think I'll make a motion to have the next breakfast occur anywhere except Summerhays.

beowulf

Quote from: Nerine on March 02, 2008, 09:03:36 PM
I really enjoyed the company this past breakfast and will upload the photos as soon as I can!!!

BUT the thing I did not like...my meal was only 3 dollars...I gave the waitress a 10$ bill...asked her for my change and she gave me only ONE dollar back!!! and she was REALLY rude and said "well where is my tip?" I ended up giving her $2 to stop her complaining which is one heck of a tip for a 3$ plate lol

See your to nice I would have given her a penny and asked to speak to the manager.

Vizerdrix

Quote from: beowulf on March 03, 2008, 09:16:24 AM
See your to nice I would have given her a penny and asked to speak to the manager.

If a waiter/waitress mentions tips, I don't leave ANY. 

As for having it somewhere else, why?  One bad apple doesn't mess up the whole thing.  I like Summerhays, even if it is a bit far.  Although, there's a really nice little restaurant just off Innes between St-Laurent and Startop called Stan's Diner.  Mila should know the place, it's just around the corner from his garage.  Good old fashioned food, good prices.

artw

the thing is, the food at summerhays isn't even that great.  or at least the stuff I've ordered isn't, anyway.   whenever I talk to anyone at the breakfast the always say the service is predictably awful.  Not sure why we keep going back.  I won't be, anyway.

cora

Thing is I cant imagine it being easy to find a place on a weekend that would host the whole lot of us.

Besides I think that the crappy waitress makes it a bit of an adventure ;) good stories to tell everyone who missed it.

Plus I could care less about the waitress as long as I get my food, I go to See everyone from OVAS it doesn't really matter to me where it is! :D

washefuzzy

Quote from: cora on March 03, 2008, 11:43:13 AM
Thing is I cant imagine it being easy to find a place on a weekend that would host the whole lot of us.

Besides I think that the crappy waitress makes it a bit of an adventure ;) good stories to tell everyone who missed it.

Plus I could care less about the waitress as long as I get my food, I go to See everyone from OVAS it doesn't really matter to me where it is! :D
I second that Cora!!  :)

dan2x38

I agree Cora they do put up with us. Next time just order toast & coffee give exact change... leave 2 cents...  ::)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

dpatte

I really enjoyed the food, and the company, and the service was not so bad for me.

I'm sorry you had a hard time there from the server. I know that when I get bad service it usually gets me quite riled up.
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

busdriver

Quote from: Vizerdrix on March 03, 2008, 10:38:19 AM
Although, there's a really nice little restaurant just off Innes between St-Laurent and Startop called Stan's Diner.  Mila should know the place, it's just around the corner from his garage.  Good old fashioned food, good prices.

Isn't that the truck stop?

Gee, if it was there, I could walk there, not that I would though. ;)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."