Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Breakfast anyone ?

Started by charlie, November 07, 2007, 06:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anja

We plan on coming to meet you all in a less 'official' place and maybe chat a little bit and get to know people better.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Nerine

hubby and I actually might be able to make it :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Dorrie

Can you just show up or do you have to PM Charlie first?

charlie

Quote from: Dorrie on April 11, 2008, 01:08:43 PM
Can you just show up or do you have to PM Charlie first?
Just show up , the gang will be there.
Just a side note , the owner was advised about the issue with one waitress & has promised to take care of it.

washefuzzy

Just a side note , the owner was advised about the issue with one waitress & has promised to take care of it.
[/quote]
Thanks Charlie for being the heavy.  :)

Nerine

Just wanted to say wow!! this was the LONGEST breakfast we've had yet!! I think we left at about 12:45ish or so??

service was pretty good, couldn't complain! and good turn out :)

It was nice meeting the new people out to breakfast!! :) Cant wait till next time!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Brine

This was our last pre-booked reservation at Summerhay's. Christine (vizerdrix) took a poll and it was unanimous (I think) that we continue to meet there. I am sure she will post the details soon.

washefuzzy

I had a great time a breaky this morning.  Meet some great new people and of course got to talk with some great already known people.  :)

Vizerdrix

Well, pretty close to unanimous, anyhow! :)

Since Charlie couldn't make it, he asked me to query the attendance (which was over 20, if I remember well) about continuing to meet there.  I've made the arrangements with the owner, and we are booked for the same time for the next 6 months!

I had a blast, and even though we left a bit earlier (my daughter now has a nice Prom dress!) I enjoyed my time there as per usual. 

Thanks everyone for making this yet another successful event!  And thanks to the "new" people who braved the unknown to meet us! ;)

Anja

That was brilliant. I'm so glad, I decided to come. What a wonderful chat, great people, good food and quite decent service. Can't wait until the next one.  :D
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

charlie

Quote from: Vizerdrix on April 12, 2008, 04:53:54 PM
Well, pretty close to unanimous, anyhow! :)

Since Charlie couldn't make it, he asked me to query the attendance (which was over 20, if I remember well) about continuing to meet there.  I've made the arrangements with the owner, and we are booked for the same time for the next 6 months!

I had a blast, and even though we left a bit earlier (my daughter now has a nice Prom dress!) I enjoyed my time there as per usual. 

Thanks everyone for making this yet another successful event!  And thanks to the "new" people who braved the unknown to meet us! ;)

Thanks Christine , nice to hear everyone had a blast & the service issue was resolved, i`m elated that this monthly breakfast get together is growing each month, who knows we might be averaging 50 - 60 soon  :D.Hope someone took some pics, this hobby can be so enjoyable away from our tanks ;).
Regards

dan2x38

Between car issues, sickness, & Latios' hockey we've missed a few. Today was the last game & the team party so hockey is done for about 4.5 months... LOL We should be go for the next one... <:crossing fingers:>
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

Quote from: charlie on April 12, 2008, 09:52:46 PM
Thanks Christine , nice to hear everyone had a blast & the service issue was resolved, i`m elated that this monthly breakfast get together is growing each month, who knows we might be averaging 50 - 60 soon  :D.Hope someone took some pics, this hobby can be so enjoyable away from our tanks ;).
Regards

It was my pleasure Errol.

Sorry, I didn't bring my camera along.  Never even thought of it!  As for enjoying away from our tanks, half the discussion was still fish. ;)

Nerine

I forgot my camera that time too! horrors!!
next time :D

Dorrie

Quote from: Vizerdrix on April 12, 2008, 04:53:54 PM
And thanks to the "new" people who braved the unknown to meet us! ;)

Dunno for the other "new" people, but I really enjoyed myself ;D
I'm looking forward to the next one!

Darth

I definately want to attend the next one!

Fishnut

So just to clarify, are we meeting once per month  on the second satruday or every 2 weeks?

charlie

Quote from: Fishnut on April 29, 2008, 04:15:25 PM
So just to clarify, are we meeting once per month  on the second Saturday or every 2 weeks?
Yea it`s the second Saturday of every month at Summerhays @ 10.30 AM, that way there is no confusion as to when & where  ;)
I`m really happy the way this has taken a foothold for members to get together & socialize.
Regards

charlie

One more week to breakfast, looking forward to all the mommy`s  ;), Fishy mother`s day breakfast  :)

dan2x38

Anyone bring any plants? ;) trade/barter/buy
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."