Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Anybody in the club work for Petsmart Barhaven?

Started by Ormarr, November 09, 2007, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ormarr

Not sure if this is the right section, but I bought some Geos at Petsmart Barhaven tonight and the person working the fish department couldn't identify the exact kind they were.  I was wondering if there was someone who worked there.  They had 3 left and they were in the same tank as the Bolivian Rams, if that helps any.

Thanks!

charlie

Ormarr, call the store tomorrow & ask to speak to Mike ( from the fish room ) , he will most likely be able to tell you.
Regards

Ormarr

Hmm, Mike wasn't working (and I was told yesterday was his last day).  I spoke with the lady that does the fish orders and she had no idea since they came in with Keyholes and Bolivian rams.  Hmm, let me see if I can get some decent pictures, maybe someone on the site can identify them.

Ormarr

Hopefully someone can identify what kind of Geo this is.

Vizerdrix

Looks like they might be some type of Gymnogeophagus.  Maybe G. australis, although they are pale (probably not settled in yet).  Of course I could be totally off! :D

If they are indeed G. australis, and they breed, I want to buy some of the fry! :)

sweetness85

i know jesse works there :)  not sure if you're still looking for someone who works there or just an identification for the fish.  i believe his name on here is just jesse and he has msn if you wanted to ask him right away.

Ormarr

I was just looking for someone to identify them.  I figured if someone worked there, they might be able to recall what they were.

charlie

Quote from: Ormarr on November 10, 2007, 12:31:54 PM
Hmm, Mike wasn't working (and I was told yesterday was his last day).  I spoke with the lady that does the fish orders and she had no idea since they came in with Keyholes and Bolivian rams.  Hmm, let me see if I can get some decent pictures, maybe someone on the site can identify them.
Mike is still working @ Petsmart Barhaven ,he has not left or quit , just moved up the chain of command  ;)
He is not 100% but he thinks it is daemon geophagus.
Regards

mseguin

I thought ( bt could be wrong) he ordered those as G. surinamensis

charlie

Quote from: mseguin on November 12, 2007, 01:00:07 AM
I thought ( bt could be wrong) he ordered those as G. surinamensis
Your thoughts are correct , he said that is what it is supposed to be (G. surinamensis) but  it does not appear to be what arrived.
Regards

bettabreeder

Quote from: charlie on November 10, 2007, 06:52:07 PM

He is not 100% but he thinks it is daemon geophagus.

i looked it up on google and it looks a lot like daemon geophagus