Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking for someone to design a nice african tank

Started by KarEn, November 11, 2007, 10:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarEn

Does anyone know anyone  ::) who can design a nice African (Tanganyikan) tank for me?
I have one running for 6 years and it's nice, but i want it changed (rocks, background, plants). It's a 120 Gal tank with 2 ehaim canisters. If anyone is interested, pm me with ideas/pricing. That someone will have to get/make a nice background, find rocks, etc. I can show some pics that i like, but open to suggestions.

P.S. This is the pic of my current tank. The only change - it has no more plants. Fish kill them. :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]
Regards,
Kar En
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 120 Gal Miracles Aquarium (starphire glass) Tanganyikan Cichlids |
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

sniggir

your backgound is nice but realy needs more rock work... even for fronts
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

KarEn

Yes, the background is nice, but it's a film. I would like it to be rock.

P.S. Looks real, huh?  ;)
Regards,
Kar En
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

matt

Quote from: KarEn on November 12, 2007, 09:13:31 AM
Yes, the background is nice, but it's a film. I would like it to be rock.

I don't believe you. :P  That is one good looking film background

RossW

You might want to ping RedBelly.  He can custom make the rock design you desire!

KarEn

Thank you all who responded and thank you  all who sent me PMs.

Are there any pictures of RedBelly's work on the forum or www?
Regards,
Kar En

hamstercaster

If you know Gatineau a bit, you could get some Lava Rock from la Pépinière Emery.  They also have other kinds of rocks that go for about 19 cents a pound (if my memory serves me right).... while Big Al's charges you 2.99$.  You could also by fake plants at walmart at 99 cents a piece.  It works well.  My friend Rechaud has been using Walmart plants for a long time now with no issues whatsoever.  Here's a pic of what my set up looks like with lava rock and other types of rock.  I would redo my aquascaping a bit but my wife likes it that way so....

It all depends on what you like.  Go buy rocks of the colors you like, some fake plants and start aquascaping.  build your set up, back up a bit, look at the big picture and ajust if necessary.  Just make sure that you leave gaps here and there for your fish to swim through and hide and alll, the rest is really up to your personal taste.

[attachment deleted by admin]