Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Glass Lids - Tank identify

Started by sdivell, January 03, 2008, 11:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdivell

I picked up a 60g used from this forum in December and I'm now starting to collect the things I need to get it running now that I've got christmas outta the way.  The owner couldn't remember what brand name it was but said he got it from BA's about a year before.

Its a 60g (48x12x24) and has clear silicone.  Centre braced.  Black trim top and bottom.  Also the bottom pain is tempered and is indicatedt hat it is with an orange sticker that is visible through the bottom of the tank.

The openings at the top from inside of trim to inside of trim is 23" x 11-1/2".

I'd like to get glass lids for this tank but I want to make sure I get the right sized ones.  Does anyone happen to know what brand of tank this is?  I plan on going to BA's this weekend and asking them but thought I'd pick the brains of all the experts on here first.

Thanks

darkdep

Sounds like Perfecto to me, but they also sell All-Glass...could be either.

NetCop

I just bought a 75g on Boxing Day from BA's and it has the center brace and that tempered glas sticker visible through the bottom so it could be the same as mine, a Marineland Perfecto.

sdivell

it was indeed a perfecto.  Thanks guys.  BA on Innes road actually had the tank on the floor and had the glass lids in stock for it.