Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hagen Glass Top

Started by RossW, January 04, 2008, 11:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossW

I am looking for a glass top for a Hagen 30"x12" 25g tank.  The the top needs to be 29"x11 7/8".  The Hagen product # is A2803.  I have tried a Perfecto top but it is about 1/4" too wide.

Does anyone know any stores which have these in stock?  I have tried both Big Als', PS Kanata and Merivale without any luck.

Thanx,
Ross

KLKelly

PS on Innes has a few glass tops left.  You should call and ask Vivian.  She knows her stuff and you wouldn't waste a trip there.

I found out that the smaller shops that deal with Hagen can still  order tops in.  I wonder if Fishtails or LittleCritters or that store downtown might be able to.

I would rather have a real glass top than one cut.

I also looked around at Dr. Foster and Smith in the states.

RossW

No luck w/ PS Innes... I will keep calling.

Thanx.

RedFish

No help here, just commiserating.     I wanted the same and couldn't find it, that led us to make our own wood canopy so that the perfecto glass top fit nicely on it.

RossW

Quote from: RedFish on January 04, 2008, 03:37:48 PM
No help here, just commiserating.     I wanted the same and couldn't find it, that led us to make our own wood canopy so that the perfecto glass top fit nicely on it.

:'(

So I should speak to Steve on Monday then  ;)

RedFish

Quote from: RossW on January 04, 2008, 08:07:32 PM
:'(

So I should speak to Steve on Monday then  ;)

Yeaaah...he'll give you the directions...I had to twist his arm to get him to make mine!

PoisonJello

you can buy the plastic parts for the glass at BA's and have the glass cut at any glass shop, it will cost about the same as buying the new top or maybe a bit cheaper (I mean with teh glass and plastic part)

RossW

Quote from: PoisonJello on January 05, 2008, 03:16:06 AM
you can buy the plastic parts for the glass at BA's and have the glass cut at any glass shop, it will cost about the same as buying the new top or maybe a bit cheaper (I mean with teh glass and plastic part)

Awesome!  I did not realize that.