Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

30-55 transfer complete!

Started by groan, January 11, 2008, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groan

With the help of art, the slave driver, se completed the transfer in under 2 hours.
here are a few pics...first the required cloudy-tank shot

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

after the tank cleared a bit i realized i could not find my new zooz...found them and all was well.

RoxyDog

Nice job boys.  I bet the tang is happy!   8)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Julie

Looking good - I can see the tang smiling ;)
Nice zoos, what are the ones on the bottom right called?

groan

yellowy-green ones with the red center? Wam'n Watermellon.
the bright green ones i got from Beertech about a year ago...not sure what they are called...but they really glow under actinics.

groan

I've never seen this before. my watchman, with jsut the actinics on, is swiming all over the tank, in open water, so is the lawnmower...weird.
i mean the watchman is all over the place, exploring every corner, and along the top of the water...

AdamN

Looks good! Your YWG is a freak haha. The only time mine did that is when something scared him to the top (psycho pistol)

groan

i think everyone's ok now. i think the lawnmower was chasing him a bit. i just did some aquascaping and it looks MUCH better.
Will post some pics after it clears a bit.

groan

heres my little watchman peeking out...

Cheebs

Nice stuff!  Glad to hear the transfer was succesful.

groan

now the question is can I add MORE fish?

artw

slave driver, lol
looks good marky marc.

sniggir

looks good Marc I would hold off for 2 weeks 2 a month to get some fish just to let things settle but that is just me, I like to take things slow.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

groan

Oh I know Pat,
But I am curious how much bio-load this size of tank could take.
the ptoblem with the 3 main fish that i ahve is they are buddies to the core. like a gang, they never separate. i cant keep them apart the 2 clowns and the tang. it's cute but makes the activity in the tank kind of one sided as they are spending ll thier time on one end of the tank.

I dont mind so much, but i am curious, nothing more at this point.

In the aquascaping i usd some of the flat lettuce rock i have and made a few shelves for future corals. looking forward to that too, but i'll give that some time...pics of the new aquascaping coming up soon...

groupie02

yes yes yes! more pictures!

I would also give the tank a little bit of time before adding another fish.  What's the next fish would you like to add to your tank? What made you decide on that type of fish?

groan

i havnt decided what yet. I need to research on what i can fit. i have yellow and orange covered, so maybe somethign blue or purple! hehe...i know, patience.

here are some new aquascaped shots...note the shelves and AMPLE room for new corals!
first the full tank shot

groan

left and right sides

groan

with respect to fish for a 55, is there anyplace like Cichlid Forum, but for SW that gives a user an idea of what types of fish are suitable for what types of tank volume? I can at least then do some research based on that as a start.

Julie

I have a yellow tang 3", a tomato clown, a sand goby, and a small anthias.
I'm happy with that load, though I am often tempted to add more.  I think it goes by number of inches to gallons.
The tang will grow so I need to reserve some room for him.

Adam

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703

This is a good list, at least for the smaller fish.  Just ask questions about any larger fish and I'm sure someone here can help you.
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers