Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

30-55 transfer complete!

Started by groan, January 11, 2008, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sniggir

also checkout reefcentral.com... I know i always say this but... it is a reason why I have learned alot, and farly quickly... that and I am a bit obsesive  ::)..... but red threw some of the form ask ? and read some more

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

groan

the 'doctors' at liveaquaria have a good site for info...
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=53

for example for the Royal Gramma...

Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12 
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 3"
Color Form: Purple, Bright Yellow 
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Compatible: Yes
Diet:  Carnivore 
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Caribbean 
Family: Grammidae

sniggir

you can go with those types of sites aswell but just remember they sell these live stock and on some they are mis labled like on a similar sire they posted that a regal is okay to keep in a 20g...... :o so, i would suggest either getting a couple of good books and cross referencing or looking on some info sites.

but that is just me
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

Adam

Anymore pictures on how this turned out?
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

groan

So far not much has changed. everyone still seems happy though my salinity was a tad low. The bag of reef crystals i have says it mixes to a salinity of 1.021, which it did but to me that seems a tad low so i did a water change last night and my water was 1.022-23 at the end of it, so i'm happy (lol).

I got the fuge from Gord but noticed a little drip that he is going to fix this weekend (you rock Beertech!). it measures just about 4 gallons and while i had it running it worked great! I can't wait to get it on full time!

I can see the red hair algae starting. i didnt have this last time i did a transfer, just got lots of cyano and then the brown algae, which cleared up on its own after a few weeks - 2 months. hopefully it will just be that again.

MAN there's alot of evaporation with an open top tank! i'm practically adding water every other day! I'll be looking into an RO unit sooner than later! (after i get my tunze 9002 skimmer)

I'll post up some pics once i get the fuge back on.

groan

some new corals came my way today...thanks to a very super person!!!

My first candycane. I'm still trying to find the best spot for it. it donst seem to like much of a current...
My first Green star polyp...hasnt opened yet and I have placed it on a rock of its own...
My first Mushroom! this thing is incredibly flourescent under actinics!!!
And a Very cool looking zoa.

using new camera settings, not happy with them...sigh.

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

gsp...a little purple yet
an the GLOWY 'shroom (this pic for you Roxy!) looks even more amazing under actinics.

groan

and finally the zoanthid

Vallely4

WoW beautiful shroom!
Gotta find me one of them

groan

The GSP opened up this morning, looks great! going to look nicer when it fills in. That mushroom looks fake, its so bright.

artw

Vallely4

That is news to me, i didn't know Green star polyp was purple.
Did you happen to get that from Fishtail?
I was in there yesterday and saw GSP, they just received it and both me and the employee working then thought it must be purplestar polyp -cause it was labeled GSP :D

Ooooh silly noob mistakes, lol

groan

I was surprised too, but if you look at some of the pics here
http://images.google.ca/images?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=green+star+polyp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
you will see that the GSP has a very purple bse to it.
only the polyps are green.

Mine looked a bit like this one, the polyps are a little short just now.

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

groan

Pics of MY GSP

2 diff camera settings...top one i underexposed a bit and pumped up the saturation a bit.

groan

couple more just because...i need more corals. even i'm getting tired of takeing pics of these, lol

Tyler.L

what camera are you using? wicked pics

groan

Old modle canon S2IS. I think they are up to the S5 now.
great camera with 12x zoom and up to 42 x digital zoom (it work OK).
i really want another SLR. sold my 35MM slr ages ago, but now that im into the fishies i want a new one.

Tyler.L

i agree 100% i want to spend like $1200 on a new camera but my girlfriend is crazy and yeah plusssss i just had a baby and am setting up a 75, so camera is a little low on the list but on another note i will agree with pat 100000000% to be on reefcentral.com 24/7 it is endless amounts of knowledge. i live on that site and all i can say is go on it all the time and you will learn sooooooooooo much.

cora

Hey Marc! The Corals and the new tank are really starting to look amazing! Of course its only going to look greater with time! :D *sigh* another great tank making me wish I could afford one of my own!  :-\ Cant wait to see what fish you decide to add!

I love my canon SLR but don't really have any fish to take pics of right now! LOL it is always the case if I had fish I wouldn't have the camera! LOL  :P