Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Planted Tank Sites Anyone?

Started by FishBreath, February 21, 2005, 11:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishBreath

Does anyone have any good links to Canadian sites that carry alot of Planted tank, equipment and Plants .Looking for Canadian sites only as I have alot of US sites already
Thanks

Julie

http://www.pricenetwork.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=b175ee10a9872b9b54e554b7abbc5f28&forumid=26

Not only plants but located in TO.
Also try the All Wet Thumb Community, there are canadian users on there who sell plants.

We are attempting a pooled order with Below Water who carries a few wild plants.

Julie

FishBreath

Thanks for the link but I am looking for Canadian online sites (stores) that I could look through their equipment they carry (namely CO2 stuff)

BigDaddy

Aiglos

BigDaddy: waht is a calcium reactor ?

BigDaddy

Quote from: "Aiglos"BigDaddy: waht is a calcium reactor ?

They are used in saltwater applications.  Since I have no experience with saltwater, I'm not 100% sure what their use is (but I believe it simply uses the CO2 to dissolve media in a reactor to increase/maintain calcium and alkalinity for corals)

But the CO2 regulator/solenoid/needle valve can also be used in planted tanks.

Aiglos

Ahhh oki thanks for the info Bigdaddy.

FishBreath

Big Daddy thanks for the links  anyone else have any links, I am looking for a bubble counter that screws onto the JBJ or Milwaukee guage and solenoid setup

BigDaddy

Try Aquaria:

Ivan usually doesn't sell them as an individual item, but I did manage to get one from him a few months back.

FishBreath

Quote from: "BigDaddy"Try Aquaria:

Ivan usually doesn't sell them as an individual item, but I did manage to get one from him a few months back.

I did email that site and Ivan emailed me back saying they don't usualy carry it but he might have one ( I take it he is looking to get one in) but then I haven't herd back since If I don't hear from him by tommorrow I will email him back again

luvfishies

www.jlaquatics.ca

and

James at http://www.tbaquascapes.com/ usually has live plants and hardware.

Over at www.pnaquaria.ca there are a few threads with "local" ie Toronto places to get CO2 canisters and parts, as well. You'd have to do a search.

FishBreath

BigDaddy do you know how much you paid for the bubble counter
Ivan got back to me but did not have any in stock but he is going to call JBJ to get a price for me as he is not 100% what the price is.He just ball parked it for me

DonCorleone

Does anyone have any feedback on

http://www.ottawaaquatics.com/

Someone I know from B.C placed an order and didn't get a response for a while. He's tried emailing them several times but to no avail. Good thing he didn't actually pay them any money... Doesn't want to pay the long distance charges for calling them, so that's that.

BigDaddy

Quote from: "FishBreath"

BigDaddy do you know how much you paid for the bubble counter
Ivan got back to me but did not have any in stock but he is going to call JBJ to get a price for me as he is not 100% what the price is.He just ball parked it for me

If memory serves.... I believe I paid $14.95

FishBreath