Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Frozen Recipe

Started by FocusFin, January 17, 2008, 10:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusFin

Hi all,

I am looking for a recipe which will provide adequately for my fish and one non-photo coral.

I have 2 clowns, 1 banghai cardinal, 1 cherub angel and a dendro(coral) all juvenile in a 56 Gallon tall with 60lbs live rock and HOB Remora Pro.

I am currently feeding 1/6th of a cube of Spirulina Brine Shrimp plus the equivalent in Cyclopese at each feeding (9:00am and 5:00pm). I melt it in tank water, suck it up in a syringe and inject it around the dendro. I also feed a 1/5th of a raw shrimp to my sebae anenome every second day.

Is this enough variety, should I be adding something else. Is this too much food or too little.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I've included a picture ( I think). Please excuse the aquascaping, that's my next job.

Amm      0
Nitrite    0
Nitrate   5-10 (only recently saw nitrates due likely to new additions to tank)
cal        380
alk        8-9
spf grav 1.024
phos      0
water change 25% every two weeks.

Thanks

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

FocusFin

Thanks Mdugly,

It makes for a good read. Between that and my visit to AZ's store today I've got a pretty good variety of ideas now.

Mike
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

percula99

The link mdugly supplied is excellent. I have read it also and it is full of good suggestions. If you still feed from frozen cubes it is a good idea to let it thaw first. You will notice a small puddle of water afterwards. That water is full of phosphates. Add it to your tank and you are adding phosphates to your tank. It is a good idea to strain/remove the water before feeding. I always do.
180 gallon reef. 250 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with some SPS. Show fish are Blonde Naso, Emperor Angel, mated Ocellaris clowns. 504 watt LEDs..

FocusFin

Quote from: percula99 on January 18, 2008, 10:12:30 AM
The link mdugly supplied is excellent. I have read it also and it is full of good suggestions. If you still feed from frozen cubes it is a good idea to let it thaw first. You will notice a small puddle of water afterwards. That water is full of phosphates. Add it to your tank and you are adding phosphates to your tank. It is a good idea to strain/remove the water before feeding. I always do.

I did not know that.
110g saltwater/reef