Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

shroom with bobo

Started by groan, January 23, 2008, 10:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groan

not sure what to do here. the area where the bobo is looks to be attached to the rock.
the spot started off as a tiny black area and is growing.

any thoughts? not sure if it is viewable in this pic but its at the top of the mushroom.

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

i suppose i could cut the head off, cross my fingers that the remaining tissue will grow a new one, or more, and frag the rest onto more rocks.(roxy's suggestion)..not sure how to attach frags to new rocks though...

i'll wait for suggestions...need to buy some latex gloves...

RoxyDog

I've decapitated a bunch of shrooms, not one has failed to grow back.  to attach your shroom frags to new rocks, you can either put them in a littel cup with rubble in low flow and wait or wrap some bridal veil (or some kind of mesh) over it onto a rock and elastic the mesh in place.  the shroom will attach either way eventually.  OR you can wait and see what happens...  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

groan

OK, I'll go cut up my wifes wedding dress...thanks for the sugestion!

lol, the cup and rock bit sounds easiest. it'll keep the crabs out too.

i'll see, i have to visit the pharmacy and buy some gloves first.

i'll report back with my results

beertech

Is it possible that it was touched and stung by another coral?
I have seen frogspawn and hammers etc inflict this kind of damage from a single touch. Keep in mind that sometimes they can extend their polyps to reach up to 4". 
Gord.

groan

not anywhere near any hammers, the hammer is a good foot at least away and it is still quite small.
I didnt get a chance to do any fragging of this one so it will ahve to wait until i get back. hopefully it will survive, or at least part of it.

pwrca

Quote from: groan on January 23, 2008, 10:57:38 AM
OK, I'll go cut up my wifes wedding dress...thanks for the sugestion!

Panty hose work too ....   ;D

groan

got in tonight at around midnight after a harrowing night at Ottawa airport long term parking...
the orange shroom is sadly nowhere to be seen
I'll look around some more when my eyes aren't as bleary.
:(

Julie

Hi Marc, move the rock around a bit and check in the crevices; the mushroom may be there and doing quite well.  I had a 2 head ricordea disappear for a month and found it behind a rock basking in the light.

groan

I found it!
it was free-floating at the back corner.
i have placed it in a plastic cup with some rock frags to attach to.
hopefully it will attach with no issues. it wasnt looking too good so fingers crossed that it makes a recovery.