Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CALFO NOT COMING??

Started by veron, January 23, 2008, 10:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

Quote from: veron on January 23, 2008, 12:19:57 PM
guys, I'm not sure why your making an issue with the site AC but its not called for or fair. A member from both this site and AC posted that infor so I thought it was correct and wanted clarification.
if it is indeed untrue then great but I do not feel its proper to assume I'm spreading rumors as thats how I read it. I just simply asked if this was true.

John.. I don't think anyone is blaming you for trying to spread a rumour.  I think the focus has been on why James would post that.  Given James' public posting about his disdain for OVAS, I'm sure you could understand why people would immediately think of this in a negative light instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

veron

no probs, I wasn't aware of his issue with this site :(  I wasn't trying to gossip or rumor start. I was concerned as I know my good friend PATRICK has worked on this awsome project of bringing CALFO here etc..

groan

Hip hip hooray for Pat!

now if only i could cancel my trip to disney world tomorrow so i could go to the seminar...
naaa

charlie

Quote from: veron on January 23, 2008, 12:29:38 PM
yes I've asked DARK to post here correcting that info. I like both sites and dislike bashing so wanted to head that off. I'm glad its NOT cancelled and would like to know were that info came from.

Hey Veron, Darkphreak would be the best person to answer that .

dan2x38

According to Merriam-Webster:

Rumor:
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Hoax:
: to trick into believing or accepting as genuine something false

I worked for many years in IT. Many Hoax virus' and e-mails would surface on the net. Within the organizations I worked for the e-mail warnings would start back & forth internally & externally. My e-mail inbox would start to fill. I'd have to investigate the possibilities of there being truth to the claims. Mean while our internal e-mail would be affected as well as Internet connections plus our personnel resources. This is the purpose of a Hoax. If within an organization of 1400 employees they can cause issues think of there impact within the goverenment's Intranet, a Hospital, or worldwide on the Internet?

We implement user rules that the employees must report these e-mails or suspected virus', etc. to the IT department for us to investigate and deal with. If we determined it was an issue we took the appropriate steps, precautions, or postings. It is usually better to report the suspected issue first for clarification.

Just my $.02 worth...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

BigDaddy

Quote from: AQUAPHREAK on January 23, 2008, 01:23:33 PM
Wow, I guess no one here has a sense of humour!!

IT'S HUMP DAY PEOPLE!!!

RELAX... take a pill.... Calfo is still coming.... you'll still get to meet him.... geez....

Thanks for the advice.  I guess James wasn't around to clarify things himself... oh well

charlie

Quote from: BigDaddy on January 23, 2008, 01:38:57 PM
Thanks for the advice Marie-Claude.  I guess James wasn't around to clarify things himself... oh well
He was here a few mins ago

BigDaddy

Shows you what a small world we live in.  Anthony heard about his apparent illness and forwarded me an email as follows (emails and names removed for privacy reasons).  I am not even sure of the identity of the original sender.

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:02 PM
To:
Cc:
Subject: RE: ottowa visit
someone was being malicious my friend... there is not a shred of truth to it. I am not sick and I have only canceled on one club in my life (overscheduled) out of several hundred lectures.

I am coming to Ottowa and that has never been in doubt.

I am disappointed that someone would say such a thing. Quite petty at best.

C wrote:
  Hey Anth,

Here's the site: It was on the 34 th post.Look's like a rumor. I believe the moderators have corrected it.

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12404

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:44:40 -0800
    Subject: RE: ottowa visit
    To:

Mags were sent on their way days many ago my friend. I think Imay have sent them via USPS Priority though in hindsight. Hmmm... please let me know if this is the case and if its slower than UPS

As for the Ottowa delay... there is no truth to that whatsoever!

Can you please copy and paste or point me to the thread?

kindly, Anth-

Hey Anthony,

Any new status on your mag's.  Also I read on a Canadian thread that you're sick and might not make it to ottawa.  Any truth to that?

So there you have it boys and girls.  From the horse's mouth.  (If you read this Anth, I don't think you're a horse LOL  )

KLKelly

I can't wait!!!!!!!!  DH has to work :(  Has anyone volunteered to video tape?  I would buy a copy so DH can see it?

charlie

Some people are just pure evil, wonder if it has anything to do with the salt  :D ;D ;D

groupie02

Quote from: charlie on January 23, 2008, 03:34:05 PM
Some people are just pure evil, wonder if it has anything to do with the salt  :D ;D ;D
Now now charlie. Everyone knows that it's caused by the trace elements in the salt ;)