New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

auction

Started by stavieboy, February 28, 2005, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavieboy

hey,

i was just woundering how many people were excited about the auction!

it's going to be awsome!!! :D  :)  8)  :D  :)

dandaman

good one...lol
So you want some guppies?
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

pegasus

dandaman, just the draw for the two large tanks is exiting and exactly what you need to house your guppies. :)

dandaman

There is a draw?
What size tanks :D
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

DonCorleone

pegasus

Quote from: "dandaman"There is a draw?
What size tanks :D
I'll let one of the executive to answer/advertize the merit of this auction.

Hey dandaman.. bring your white worms, after last night's talk there should be a good demand for them.

Marc

Yes, there will be a raffle and if I remember correctly one of the items raffled will be a large tank.  I don't have all the information here with me but I will try to post the details tonight.

Marc

Marc

Quote from: "DonCorleone"how do i join?

If you're wondering about joining OVAS, go the the OVAS main page www.ovas.ca and click on "About OVAS" in the main menu.

If you're wondering about the giant auction go the the OVAS main page www.ovas.ca and read the giant auction announcement.

If you're wondering about buying raffle tickets, they will be on sale at the giant auction.  You must be present at the giant auction when the ticket is drawn to win.

Marc

Sailfin

I'm so excited about the auction I can't sleep!     ,,,^..^,,,

stavieboy

Quote from: "dandaman"good one...lol
So you want some guppies?

ya i'm interested, but since they're so small i'll wait, and of course that means after the auction.

dannypd

When we talk 'guppies', are we talking fancy or feeder?

I have a tank full of fry for a LFS, but I'm willing to deal to local ovas members ;)

dpatte

Returning to the topic of the OVAS auction this coming weekend - does the club have enough volunteers to make the auction run smoothly?

How can we volunteer?

What jobs are required?

Do we have to stay the whole auction if we volunteer?

Are there any 'special perks' for volunteers?

Thanks!

Sailfin

what happens to items that doesn't get sold at the auction?  Are they given back?

Marc

It's in the giant auction announcement, but basically the rules say that vendors must pick up unsold items at the end of the auction otherwise they become the property of OVAS.

artw

In regards of volunteers,  Anything and everything!  David if you want to help move tables,  auctioneer, or be a runner, thats all good.  
I believe we will be bribing our volunteers with some sort of free food or something.

Julie

What jobs require volunteering?

Julie

dpatte

thanks art, but i guess i was looking for a more detailed list of volunteer jobs that need to be filled, and how many people you need for each task.

artw

David I appreciate that, and I certainly can provide it seeing as I am the Secretay and I should be on top of these things
I will consult the meeting minutes and post an official "Call for Vonunteers" with acomplete list.

pegasus

Quote from: "Julie"What jobs require volunteering?
Julie
Louise would not mind some companie in the cantine.

Art, I did recruit James and Steve so I can take some breaks. Thank you guys.

Marc

Quote from: "pegasus"
Quote from: "Julie"What jobs require volunteering?
Julie
Louise would not mind some companie in the cantine.

Art, I did recruit James and Steve so I can take some breaks. Thank you guys.

Cassandra (Colin's daughter) will probably be available to help in the kitchen.