Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Groan's 55 (new camera)

Started by groan, February 06, 2008, 10:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groan

At work we just got paid for outstanding vacation in the wake fo the IBM aquisition.
This made it possible for me to go out and buy myself a DSLR. I got a good deal on the Canon Rebel XTi with 18-55 zoom.

I will be keeping my eye out for a better lights at some point as at least for photography, the ones i have just wont cut it. at 400 ISO i was shooting at 1/50 or lower. I had to fudge it a bit and under expose some shots and unfortunately it shows. At 800 ISO the grain starts to show a bit but is acceptable, for now.

here are some post production shots...

Candycane and my new Royal Grama, Elizabeth

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

Bleeda and Sunrise and an orange and white zoodle i got from beertech.

groan

close crop of my green star polyp
and the last one for now is my hammer coral with some strange bubble growing in the middle. if you know what is going on here PLEASE let me know.

Cheebs

Looking good, I really like the shot of the clown. Congrats on the new toy ;)

cora

Wow really nice! aren't DSLR's great?? :P The pictures look great! Cant wait to see some more

PaleoFishGirl

OMG awesome shots  *drools* 

I especially love "Bleeda and Sunrise"

Nice acquisition!

Sharbuckle

xenon

Makes me want to throw my Canon SD850 IS at the wall and run to BestBuy!

Gorgeous pics!!!!!!!!

groan

go to factorydirect on donald at st. laurent. they are selling the xti with lense (refurbished) for $588.
www.factorydirect.ca
thanks for the compliments! I still want to know what that bubble is on my hammer....:(

Dave88

Wow nice pics!  Congrats on the new camera and please post more pictures.

Julie

Excellent pics - crystal clear - tank looks excellent!

groan

Quote from: Dave88 on February 07, 2008, 07:07:29 AM
Wow nice pics!  Congrats on the new camera and please post more pictures.

I will, I may put a secopndary light I have in storage just for shooting pics. Of course I'll need more subjects to shoot too, have any spare frags lying around? ;)

Tyler.L

groan

a few more... I added my spare light, it is ALOT pink, but it added the watage i needed to take a decent pic, i think.

groan

oh look, more

groan

still more

groan

last 2...for now

groan

and i did some research on that bubble on my hammer. some think it may be doing this to facilitate splitting off a new head.

Cheebs

That second-last picture is beautiful, awesome composition.  Photo contest anyone?

cora

Wow these are looking amazing! I can tell your having fun with the camera! ;) I cant wait to see some more neat pictures!

your making me want to go play with my camera now! lol