Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Groan's 55 (new camera)

Started by groan, February 06, 2008, 10:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler.L

i still hate you and am jealous of that camera that things wicked.....amazing pics once again and i dont want to see anymore updates cause it makes me sad that i dont have a nice camera like that....amazing pics once again groan

sniggir

lol stop spending money on corals and you may be able to afford a good camera... lol j/k
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

groan

LOL!
Dont hate me...but here are some new additions i picked up at the $20 marinescape sale today.
I picked up Zoe and her financier this morning at 9:30 to get to MS for opening. we were the first car in the lot at 9:50, closely followed by 2 more cars...brought back memories of Boxing Day at Big Als!
At opening time there was a mad rush to the door by the bunch of us,

These are all with teh actinics only on (it's nap time at my house). I'll add more after the lights come on.
First is a mushroom rock. from what i can see there are 2-3 different shrooms on it. about 20 shrooms in all.
Second is a Bubble coral.

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

third is a closed favia brain
fourth one is a somewhat stressed open brain (i think he called it a red fringed, or tinged or something...) that will change colour dramatically when it calms down. I have been playing some zen music for it.
Last one is a hitcher i saw in the bag on the gbase of the bubble...any thoughts of what it is? it's in the tank now, whatever it was.

xenon

Buying a new camera is like buying a new set of speakers.

You need to listen to all the old music that you have heard endless times before and with a new cam you take pics of everything, even thou you have pics of the same things already.  ;D

Julie

Hi, nice pics - what colour is the closed brain?

Zoe

groan

Quote from: Julie on February 09, 2008, 05:46:34 PM
Hi, nice pics - what colour is the closed brain?

its a slate grey/blue skirt with a deep green inside. I'll post some lit pics soon, because i'm sure you havent had enough of my pics!

Zoe

QuoteI picked up Zoe and her financier

Haha groan I hope you meant fiance because I paid for my own corals, thank you very much!  ;D

Julie

Quote from: Zoe on February 09, 2008, 08:14:17 PM
Haha groan I hope you meant fiance because I paid for my own corals, thank you very much!  ;D

Amazing what a little roasted garlic can do  :)

groan

Zoe

Quote from: groan on February 09, 2008, 09:18:20 PM
hey! where's my garlic ;) !!!

Well I definitely owe you ;)
I had more today.
Did I totally reek? Hah!

groan

here's a shot of the closed brain

one of the Torch

My Gramma

groan

Wow...woke up to see this this morning...
Mushroom rock in full bloom. looks great!

artw

cora

WOW this last bunch of pictures are AMAZING! *drools* You should enter them in some photo contests! I bet you'd win! they are crazy beautiful.
Those are some impressive Camera Skills I am very jealous! Looks like you've got it all figured out!

groan

groan

a little blue staghorn from our friend Sniggir
hmm, weird...2 attachments. i meant to remove one. oh well.

groan

Pat also tells me that the closed brain looks like it is more likely an acan! Thanks Marinescape for the bonus $20 acan!
I'll be moving it to a more prominent spot in the tank.

sniggir

good to see that the stag horn is out, I would move him up into higher light and better flow.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!