Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Who Supplies Wholesale fish to Ontario fish shops like walmart, big als etc?

Started by westmeath, February 15, 2008, 11:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westmeath

Toying witht he idea o starting a fish shop, looking for information on Whole distributors for the ottawa Valley.

veron

well, I can tall ya the people with that info are more than likely sellers so don't expect getting contacts from them ;)

Saltcreep

Quote from: veron on February 15, 2008, 12:19:24 PM
well, I can tall ya the people with that info are more than likely sellers so don't expect getting contacts from them ;)

If the poster is indeed from Westmeath as his screen name suggests, I don't see competition being a huge issue.

xenon

Not gonna happen.

Nobody will be willing to help if it means taking a piece of their pie.

Most wholesalers will only sell to "brick and mortar" businesses. I am curious where these basement businesses get their shipments from though.

I did the math a while back and the overhead is pretty high. The costs of hydro alone will kill most profits. It's pretty sad that we need to steal hydro like marijuana grow-ops to make a buck.  :D

Darth

As long as you have a business license to sell the product and can meet min order demands, wholesellers will sell to you. You need to have a tax number or something similar.

Quote from: xenon on February 15, 2008, 11:19:35 PM
Not gonna happen.

Nobody will be willing to help if it means taking a piece of their pie.

Most wholesalers will only sell to "brick and mortar" businesses. I am curious where these basement businesses get their shipments from though.

I did the math a while back and the overhead is pretty high. The costs of hydro alone will kill most profits. It's pretty sad that we need to steal hydro like marijuana grow-ops to make a buck.  :D