Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Kalkwasser and you

Started by groan, February 17, 2008, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbelly

Coralife was lacking in ALK the most. As I was struggling with my alk and ph so much with this salt i didnt check my Mg very much. They claim to have high Mg but I dont know if it is actuallt true. A lot of the salts with high calcium levels have this smae problem... low alk..

I found IO to be very low in Mg.

xenon

It blows me away that with all this technology that we don't have access to perfect salt mixture.

We have ReefCrystals for example that leaves the factory with low calcium and mag. Most of the people that sent them a sample to get replacement buckets got the same bad batch!

I started to use Seachem Reef Salt. *fingers crossed*

sniggir

let me know how things go I was interested in it... as i like the companies other products
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

xenon

Quote from: sniggir on February 28, 2008, 01:15:52 AM
let me know how things go I was interested in it... as i like the companies other products

I am gonna start a build thread in a couple days so I will post my results then.

groan

cool, i'm sure we all want to know, Whats The Best Salt out there.