Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Re: Free: 2 Black Clowns ... if you can catch them.

Started by SaZaBaZy, February 15, 2008, 01:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaZaBaZy

If you can drop the water and have the room you can maby coral them into a larger net, hope that helps.

Cheers Jordan

SuperT

sniggir

if they are the one I am thinking about they are not saddle back's they are wide banded anenome fish, other whise know as Blue lipped anenome fish they come from australia. and are realy rare. good find for anyone who catches them
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

AdamN

Quote from: sniggir on February 15, 2008, 01:21:54 PM
if they are the one I am thinking about they are not saddle back's they are wide banded anenome fish, other whise know as Blue lipped anenome fish they come from australia. and are realy rare. good find for anyone who catches them

They are A.Polymnus, they are not rare, and BA often sells them for $30. If you are thinking this because Pat was selling them as Blue Lipped anemone fish, they were miss ID'd, and in fact are A.Polymus.... but I get why you would have thought that  :D

AdamN

Quote from: SuperT on February 15, 2008, 01:10:53 PM
catch them when the lights are out.

Terry

Tried that too, when they were dead asleep and not even moving, one was in the brain, the other in the clam. As soon as I came anywhere near, they scooted into the rocks. I swear .. they sleep with one eye open  ;D

sniggir

that is fine I had them Id'ed on Rare clownfish .com so may be I got some different one than you
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently

sniggir

either way FREE fish to good catchers!!!!!!!!!!!

AdamN

I also had mine ID'd on rareclownfish.com. then I proceed to do the rest of the research myself and concluded that I agreed with rareclownfish.com. If rareclownfish.com told you that yours are in fact Latz, then they probably are.... and if so, you are lucky as they are worth about $300 ea.

but yes, free is always good :)

SuperT

Quote from: AdamN on February 15, 2008, 01:34:23 PM
Tried that too, when they were dead asleep and not even moving, one was in the brain, the other in the clam. As soon as I came anywhere near, they scooted into the rocks. I swear .. they sleep with one eye open  ;D

I feel for you.  I had to take a lemon peel out awhile back.  Not an easy chore.

No envy here.  ;D

Terry

rockgarden

Free is indeed good and I am interested. After all the other fishermen have tried and failed give me a call, I have a dynamite method :-).

BTW Are they either of these?

Blue-Lip/Wide Band (Amphiprion latezonatus)
http://www.julianrocks.net/fish/littlefish/AmphiprionLatezonatus.htm

and

Saddleback (Amphiprion polymnus)
http://www.orafarm.com/clownfish_species.html

Severum

You could always try to catch them with cyanide. I heard that works in some parts...  :D
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

target

If they aggressive feeders you could try feeding them and siphoning them out with a large enough tube. ;)

AdamN

Quote from: rockgarden on February 15, 2008, 02:12:41 PM
Free is indeed good and I am interested. After all the other fishermen have tried and failed give me a call, I have a dynamite method :-).

BTW Are they either of these?

Blue-Lip/Wide Band (Amphiprion latezonatus)
http://www.julianrocks.net/fish/littlefish/AmphiprionLatezonatus.htm

and

Saddleback (Amphiprion polymnus)
http://www.orafarm.com/clownfish_species.html

Yup, they are Saddleback (Amphiprion polymnus)

AdamN

Quote from: Severum on February 15, 2008, 02:26:12 PM
You could always try to catch them with cyanide. I heard that works in some parts...  :D

lol  :o

Quote from: target on February 15, 2008, 03:20:59 PM
If they aggressive feeders you could try feeding them and siphoning them out with a large enough tube. ;)

they are smart feeders, and very quick feeders, they dart around when catching food, way to fast to even think of doing that.

joeyt66

AdamN

nope, but one of them would not fit through the top of a pop bottle.

AdamN

yup, this was a couple months ago, so one noticeably larger now ...

pete

AdamN

nope, I have yet to have someone offer me a method other than nets, I guess they just dont get it. These fish cannot be caught by nets, no matter what. They will outsmart you, patience is not the key in this case.

I will be trying the popbottle trap as per someones recommendation though.