Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LF a good place to buy acrilic

Started by sniggir, February 22, 2008, 09:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sniggir

Hey guys i need a good place to buy acrilic.. I am building a skimmer for my 120 System.. and need to buy some cylender peicen and then some regular to make the box. and help would be perfect...

Thx again
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

AdamN

Canus Plastics, that is where I go for everything plastic now.

Canus Plastics Inc.
300 Lisgar Street
Ottawa, ON
Canada
K2P 0E2

1-(800)-267-9699
Tel: (613) 232-2657
Fax: (613) 232-6214

E-mail:

Severum

I was just there yesterday and would recommend them as well.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently

Brine

Cylindrical pieces are not cheap. If you can design it to be rectangular you'll save a pile of money. They also have a scrap bin along the back left hand side. You might find something there.

Severum

They also have off cut pieces that are a decent size for half price.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

sniggir

right on I will have to go down and do some pricing out for sure... thx guys... oh and I will post pic's of the finished product for sure

xenon

Sounds like a fun project.

I get all my acrylic PVC fittings from Canus Plastics. Much cheaper than PVC Plus.

I love how this guy built his skimmer.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1177514&perpage=25&pagenumber=8

sniggir

wow very cool thread... thx for the great Idea.. very similar to waht I want to run... accept i want to throw a recurc in there aswell.