Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Maroon clowns have babies

Started by gvv, February 27, 2008, 07:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvv

Returned home from business trip and found that my maroon clowns for the first time got babies!
Never saw something like this. Not sure if any of the little guys survive...

What is interesting is the anemone that kills everything around it, does not hurt small guys.

[attachment deleted by admin]

groupie02

very cool!  I suspect that they won't survive if you just leave them on their own but it shouldn't be the last time you see some eggs.

ottawadiscus

Congrat Vitali. What are they eating?

Loyed
"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

sniggir

try asking to see if anyone has any Live rotifers, or else order some from http://www.coralscaping.com/index.html and if you do get the rotifers get the phyto aswell as you can keep the rotifers for longer. if you feed them
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

gvv

They are not hatched yet. They are still attached to the rock.
Rotifiers is not a problem right now, but not sure if I will be able to prepare tank for fry in time and leaving them in the main tank ... They will be lost in pumps, skimmer, predation.
In any way I was really surprised, as it took them 2 years to spawn.

sniggir

very cool, for sure  8)... would be neet to raise them and see how long it takes for them to reach a good size.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

Tyler.L

from anything i have read on raising fry, its not easy. Research on RC or get Joyce Wilkerson's book Clownfishes. Good book also tells how to raise fry and what it takes. Research RC though lotsa good reads on it and usually, the first batch all die until you find the right methods of getting them out of the tank, and feeding etc. Have fun though whenever my clowns start breeding, thats even an "if" i probably would try it for the hell of it.

Heidi

Congrats and good luck. Hope they hatch for you and if they do - hopefully some will make it.  Awsome!!! Keep everyone updated, it will be neat to see what happens.
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards