Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

APW is Stepping Down... OVAS Needs a new Webmaster

Started by darkdep, February 27, 2008, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Hello all,

It is my sad duty to inform you that I will be stepping down as OVAS Webmaster. 

I am facing an increasing workload and a stint as a kidney donor which is making it difficult to commit the time necessary to the website and to the OVAS Executive in general.  As the website is doing so well, I will happily give the keys to someone to continue it's growth.

Therefore, we are now actively seeking a new OVAS Webmaster.  Unlike some OVAS Exec positions, to serve in this role you require certain skills.  This is an appointed position rather than an elected one.  Experience with forum software, php, web technologies, etc are required.  The selected person will also need good "soft skills" as your input will form the core of how the community is managed.

If you are interested, please PM me and we can talk.  I will forward a list of interested applicants to the OVAS Executive for their review and selection.

Thank you all for everything :)

charlie

I wish you well with your upcoming donor stint, you have certainly earned my respect for the work you have done for this club.
Best wishes & Thank you.

Nerine

Thank you for everything you've done!

I hope things go well with your kidney donation and you have a speedy recovery!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

RoxyDog

Sorry to see you go man, but good luck with everything!  It just won't be the same without ya (is the new webmaster gonna be a hot fireman?).   :D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bitterman

We'll be sorry to see you go APW.

Hope everything goes well for you in regards to the kidney thing.

Chris you have do so much for the web site and put into place some great improvments.

Bruce

Jeff1192

I haven't been around here that long but I have always been impressed with the quality of this website. A job very well done. Thanks for all your work!

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

groan

Wow, that sucks, but for a good cause, it seems.
good luck Chris,
I'd apply but time just does not permit.

dan2x38

Excellent work Chris! And hats off to you for the kidney donating! Wow is all I have to say. You'll not be replaced but I imagine the new webmaster will do a great job.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

sniggir

you will be very sadly missed... i am sure that everyone is behind for what you are undergoing for your father..
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

darkdep

dan2x38

Quote from: DarkDep on February 28, 2008, 09:29:37 AM
Thank you all for the kind words.  :)

Let me know and I imagine there are others, if there is some help you'll need. You'll have a little recovery time afterwards I'm sure. Not sure if the tank will be up but I can do something if ya need. Even if it just an errand. Like I said I bet there are a few out here... :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Iceman

Vizerdrix

I'm sorry to hear you're stepping down Chris, it's not going to be easy to fill your shoes! 

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

busdriver

Best of luck, Chris.
All I can say is you are going to be a hard man to replace.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

darkdep

All,

A small announcement...groupie02 has agreed to step up as the new OVAS Webmaster.  He's currently learning the back end of our setup and there will be a transition period as I pass information over to him.  He will take over completely in the near future.

Please join me in welcoming him to his new role, and be kind :)

RoxyDog

Thank you groupie02 for taking on the job!   8)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

bitterman